Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hands2work

Post Thanks / Like

hands2work

[I'm a newbie as of today to this awesome site. I totally look forward to converseing with fellow crocheters. I majored in free-form crochet many moons ago(graduated from college in 1976) and now that I'm semi-old I enjoy making thing for many charities> I lost my husband to kidney disease and heart failure just 2 years ago and resigned myself to spend my life giving of myself. My hands are my gift as I fell 7 years ago and am on disability but it will never stop me from creating!!! I still need to learn how to post pictures as I am not super computer literate but am determined to learn. Would love to show you all some of my college art work. Hope this is the beginning of a long relationship with many many friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi hands2work, welcome to the forum! look forward to seeing what you have made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about your loss...great to hear you are moving forward in giving to others, though.

To post a picture with the threads, you have to click the go advanced button below the reply box. Then, you will see a paperclip to add pictures. It will through a few more steps to add photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, sounds simple enough. Will have to give it a try but one in midnight isn't a good time , especially since I have to get up early to get my mom to the doctor. She's 83 and fell today and was too stubborn to go so she WILL go tomorrow first thing just to get checked out. Nice to meet you. I won't forget your name as my sisters' name is valerie as well. talk to you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello hands2work and welcome. I'm Jan. I am a self-taught crocheter and have been doing it for 41 years. I have been a widow for 17 years. Glad you joined us. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the Forum. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! Looking forward to seeing some of your work! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I'm from your era. I love to have someone of your experience on the site. Could you explain what freeform crochet is? Sounds intriguing. I'm a newbie and have really enjoyed the welcome I've been given. A lot of us have turned to or increased our crocheting due to health/disability. Amazing that a skill such as crochet can help me get through the day or sometimes night. I have limited mobility due to a fractured foot and eye problems. Thank goodness I can see well enough to crochet! I feel it's great that you crochet for charity. I think a handmade gift is extra special. It's lovely when I can't sleep, to get online, and have messages waiting I can read and respond to. Makes me feel very wanted. I don't feel so isolated anymore. Welcome. Caro

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome hands2work nice to have someone else with us. Whats so nice we are young and old talented and no so. Sorry for your losses. I can't wait to hear and see your life progress in fromt of us. Sorry about misspelled anything got to run.
    Good Stiches
    Billie