Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous crochet baby doll carry basket

RNd1 start crochet from sec chain 2SC to 2 first st 16sc, 2SC to 2 last st crochet similar to other side of the chain st ( 48 st all together ) need help with the 2nd to 2 first st does it mean 2SC in the first 2 st

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Benita,

Yes, I am understanding that you put 2 sc in the first stitch and 2 sc in the next stitch. At the end you should have 2 stitches left and again they are asking you to put 2 sc in one stitch and 2 sc in the last stitch.

Your pattern should tell you how many stitches total for the row that should help you to determine if you are doing it correctly. Say if you only pu 1 sc in one stitch and 1 sc in the next and did the same for the last 2 stitches and your total
    was 4 short say 44 then you know it should have been 2 in each stitch.
    I hope this helps. Again there are others that might be able to help.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    https://fabartdiy.org/crochet-cradle...-free-pattern/

There are a couple videos on here. I hope they help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, This is a good video to help her with her pattern. Based on her question the only difference that I see between her question and the video is the number of stitches. The video shows 3 sc at the end to made the item turn to go down the other side and at the end another 3sc. The 2 sc added in the video was in the first of the 3 sc previously made to mark the round. I think she will be able to move forward now.

Thanks for sharing.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any videos that are in English I can follow I'm usually pretty good about not asking for help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Benita, The video that Jean Marie posted is in French but if you turn off the sound and just watch how she is doing the stitches it will work. She is going slow and the stitches are the same way we do ours.

I will give you a little heads up some free patterns have mistakes in them not all I am sure you know that too. I have been told by a designer that some of the patterns are not tested first before posting. Some have the number of stitches wrong in one row but the next has the correct count. It is important before stating any project to read through your pattern all the way through. (I am really bad at that as I am so excited to start) it has caused me many hours of pulling out yarn to find the error. Not all free patterns are bad and I am grateful to the designers that share their work for free.
    That is why you will see me post on this forum to do the math and count your stitches to save you the trouble that I have found for myself.

Here to help you if we can.
    Spoula