Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Plastic Canvas

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic Canvas

HI all
    Just wanted to mention a gift I received in Plastic Canvas, we were saying how many thinks you can make . In 1992 we ran a B&B called Teddy Bear B&B. It was summer and there were flys buzzing around. One of the guests mentioned something about a fly swatter and I hadn't had one for years. Any way about 2 or 3 weeks later I received this little parcel in the mail. She had mad me a plastic canvas cover for a fly swatter with a Teddy Bear on it. It was so cute and a very thoughtful gift. Misty

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

That is really neat! Maybe some time you can share a picture with us! I remember the fly swatters, I have not seen one in craft form in quite some time!

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Barbi
    Will have to get some expert to guide me thru the upload process. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    What a awesome idea

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in a plastic canvas group and one of the March exchanges was a fly swatter cover. I made my partner a cover with a goose on the front. The one I received has a dragonfly on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to all crochet lovers. I have been with you for sone time, but just found out how to communicate with you. I like everything i have seen . I like looking at all the beautiful ideas and the many patterns.
    teneo

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some patterns for the plastic canvas flyswatters. A lady I know has a cow theme in her kitchen and I made her a swatter with a cow on it. She loved it. I make a lot of tissue box covers, napkin holders, ornaments, magnets and other things with plastic canvas. Also I am currently making some butterflies for the Butterfly Project for the Holocaust Museum in Texas.
    The Butterfly Project

Post Thanks / Like

pgirsh

Last year one of the classes at our local high school made butterflies for the museum and I bought a butterfly shape in pc and made one and added it to
    the classses collection. Good feeling. Thank you for doing them too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teno, cool that you figured out how to say hello; I too am having a hard time w/ up loading pics. But don't give up eventually the light bulb goes off and then you can do it....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    HI all
    Just wanted to mention a gift I received in Plastic Canvas, we were saying how many thinks you can make . In 1992 we ran a B&B called Teddy Bear B&B. It was summer and there were flys buzzing around. One of the guests mentioned something about a fly swatter and I hadn't had one for years. Any way about 2 or 3 weeks later I received this little parcel in the mail. She had mad me a plastic canvas cover for a fly swatter with a Teddy Bear on it. It was so cute and a very thoughtful gift. Misty
    Hi Misty,
    Don't know if you're still on this forum. This is page 118 under General Chit Chat. I used to make plastic canvas flyswatters with a craft stick (like a popsicle stick) for the handle with the saying: FOR ALL THE THINGS IN LIFE THAT BUG YOU