Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I am primarily a self taught crocheter. I love making blankets! Usually I make baby blankets :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yarnsarie,
    Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yarnsarie

I was taught to crochet by my father's Godmother. Being Italian and only second generation in this county, most my family spoke Italian when I was small. So I learned what I could in Italian. Now that was 1963 or so, when I was 8....I have taught others to crochet, but it always brings me back to her apartment, sitting by the window learning to chain stitch.
    I like making amigurumi projects best.

Nice to meet you ...hope to talk more soon
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

5. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Yarnsarie, My mother taught me some stitches when I was around 10. Never used any of them until I wanted to surprise her with a crochet vest (when I was older). It was really pretty and it was in her favorite colors. Only it was way to big. I made a few vest for my daughter when she was little but mostly I made dresses with my sewing machine. When I had my grand children is when I started to want to crochet again. Starting with baby blankets. Crochet has come a long way and there are so many stitches now that I had never heard of before and oh yea the Internet and You Tube for videos on how to do a stitch if you don't know how. I like the way knit sweaters look and I taught myself how to knit watching you tube videos. I think I am better at crochet then knit but I like the challenge. I also taught myself how to do some Tatting. I made a book mark for my niece. I use the long needles not the shuttle it was easier for me to understand the process with the needles and not going back and fourth on the shuttle.
    I hope to see some of your items.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-28-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: corrected sentence

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן