Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New from Olympic peninsula Washington

I love to crochet. Love to make shawls, christening sets to a local church, hat/wristwarmer sets, special requests for special people....just wish I didn’t have to sleep when I get going. Go through miles of thread and yarn weekly....just have a hard time putting a pric on things...taught myself to crochet49 years ago so I could teach new friends when we moved to Maine after husband got out of Navy. Did the same with knitting, tatting, petite point, needlepoint, cross stitch, black work, macrame, hairpin lace......just anything involving threads, yarns, and needles...live in a high Norwegian, Swedish are so do hardanger, and any new thread craft. Can’t drawbut I am so into needle art and cooking...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was directed here to this thread because I live on the OlympicPeninsula. I am an avid crocheted and sometimes knitter. Taught myself to crochet in early 70’ s. My husband says I crochet while snoring. I resent having to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Solshine,
    Welcome! Nice to meet you! I'm working on an order for a hat with ear-flaps in crocheting. It's a football hat in the Michigan colors - blue and yellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also done Hairpin Lace. It takes a long time to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in hospital for over a month, three years ago....hadn’t been able to crochet and they changed meds on me so was able to start crocheting again after 20 plus year hiatus due to bad tremors. I had no patterns but just started and made an Afghan and 7 hats in the last 2 weeks then just jump started my love of the hook. I’ve made over 40 shawls, close to 100 sets of hats plus scarves or wristwarmers. Now I’ve thrown in christening outfits for a church in town and more. Husband doesn’t like my stash but I finish late at night and just go shopping. I buy sales so save. Now it’s time to add knit socks here and there. I can’t believe in the changes in yarns and colors over the years. I wish I was a triplet so I could do 3 things at once.

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Solshine,
    I'm glad you're out of the hospital. You've done a lot of crocheting! The hairpin lace I did I made into a blanket. 4 rectangle strips with ss on both sides of each one, sewed together into a square. 24 squares; crocheted around each square;then sewed the squares together and crocheted around it once the squares were together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of sizes for hairpin lace. You can make flowers and greenery around them. Heck you could make doll clothes with them. I remember making vests with them. I’ll have to check out and see if I have pattern books for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you Solshine...I am Teri from Central NY where is it always cold and snows almost every day LOL
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן