Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: just saying hi.

Post Thanks / Like

just saying hi.

hi everyone. I am from Georgia. Ilove crocheting and have been doing it for awhile. There are still alot of abbreviations I dont understand. I'm hopeing someone might be able to help me with them

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Glad to have you on board! Like you, there's a lot of abbreviations that I don't understand either. It's like Greek to me. So far, I've gotten by with learning simple stitches by example and learning how to do granny squares and making up my own patterns as I go along. I'm the same with music - can barely read music but was first chair in band in school and I sing very well. But if I try to look at the notes I mess up! I sing by ear so maybe I crochet by hand??? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Brown eyes!
    Funny Drice! I don't like to read music either--play piano and guitar by ear. Would sing by ear but my ear says I don't sing all that well, lol!

I have to keep a reference book on crocheting nearby that translates the different abbreviations. With all the videos on line it's much easier now to google it and find tutorials or even even step by step pictures that explains the different stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello browneyes,

Welcome to the group! Here is a link that may help you:

Abbreviation used in both knitting and crochet

I am also learning as I go with what the abbreviations mean! A lot of us are in the same situation - learning as we go!

Nice to have you join!