Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Peacock Afghan, white background bird on branch, tail down, eye feathers on border

Does any one have the pattern for a 1960s Coats & Clark or Red Heart pattern of a peacock bird on a branch, back view 3/4 profile, on a white background. The border is the eye feathers from the tail. I saw this pattern and think it was in one of the little free books that these companies displayed by the yarns. At the time I was not able to afford the yarns or the pattern. If anyone has the full & correct pattern I can trade the Toltec Bird Afghan by Bernat full size chart with the yarn color chart for it. I have looked and looked for this pattern but have never been able to find it again. Hope someone can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I saw a peacock afghan, white background on freepatterns.com. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. Hope it helps.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! This is the only one close to what you described that I could find online for free. It may not be what you are looking for, but hope it helps you:

Peacock Afghan, white background bird on branch, tail down, eye feathers on border

Peacock Afghan

4. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another one, but it is different and it is a paid pattern:

Heirloom Crochet - Vintage Crochet Patterns - Corticelli Lessons in Crochet No 2

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Peacock Afghan, white background bird on branch, tail down, eye feathers on border

The peacock is in full color and the pose is similar to the upper left bird on the "Toltec Birds" afghan. I had the booklet pattern years ago when I was a student but could not afford the yarn. Unfortunately in all my moves I lost the book and have never been able to find the pattern online. I would love to trade the original full embroidery pattern for "Toltec Birds" for the Peacock Bird afghan if it is the pattern I am looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell us the name of the company from which the pattern comes? or more info please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Two threads merged on same pattern request. You will see two requests with info above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Shel; 08-05-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is much better price wise and for some reason I don't understand how adding a photo is lol sorry
    http://www.ecrater.com/p/8214397/ame...d-co-dawn-book
    Last edited by Shel; 08-05-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Annie's Attic pattern is not what I am looking for, And it is not the solid color afghan that always comes up when one searches peacock afghan. Thank you all for looking. I am ready to retire in January or February so one of the first things on my always wanted to do list is learn to crochet and silk ribbon embroidery. I will be a more active respondant.

13. Likes Landon liked this post