Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello from Iowa

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello from Iowa

Can't believe this is the first time I've seen this site! Just what I need. I've been crocheting off and on for 45 years, Now I'm definately on. I'd love to make contact with other crocheters to swap ideas and patterns. I'm somewhat isolated because I fractured my foot January of 2010 and have a hard time getting around. I can't drive anymore, which puts a crimp in my independence. I went from being the manager of a woman's clothing store, to restricted movement all at once. Resuming my crocheting has saved my sanity. I am a very gregarious person, so let's hook up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome,

It is nice to have you as a member here! Glad you finally found us! :0)

Sorry to hear about your physical challenges, but nice to hear of you love of crocheting! Looking forward to hearing more about your crochet adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Carolyn! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Larisa,
    I make doilies, too. I also make scarves, shawls, hats, purses and baby clothes. May I ask where you are from? I am from Ames, Iowa in the middle of the United States. I love to see yarn become a piece of clothing. I also love all of the colors and textures that I can find in yarn. I like to see what other people have made. How they use color and pattern to make something that no one else has. I hope to hear from you again. Carolyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Carolyn! Unfortunately I live in Post Soviet but doilies are my hobby. I really like complicated patterns from #30 thread. I use to rechart patterns from Antique pattern Library - they are just gorgeous! Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carolyn, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Val,
    I'm excited to make new friends and discuss fiber arts. One of the pleasures I have is creating and giving something handmade to friends and acquaintances. I love being able to give a child a toy or a little girl a tiny purse. I don't have any grandchildren, yet. I love making baby clothes, because the projects don't take a lot of time and I get immediate gratification! I do sell things at the local Farmer's market and a boutique, but it's just as fun to give away something just because. I'm extremely grateful to the people that are putting such wonderful video tutorials on the internet, especially mikeyssmail and bobwilson123. I have finally mastered some stitches I've always wanted to, but couldn't figure out with the written instructions. I also like charts since I seen to be better at visual instructions. Thanks for respnding and I hope to talk some more, Carolyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Carolyn and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Sorry about your immobility. I know how you feel. Was same way when I shattered my thigh bone. Glad you found us. You will find that not only are we friendly but we are very helpful as well. Don't be shy about joining the conversations or asking for help. There will be someone or several someones who will be glad to help. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...so glad you found us....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, I have 2 cats and a VERY large dog. My crochet projects are sometimes under attack from Mikey, a gray and white tuxedo cat and Dennis the Menace, a gray striped tiger. Both are rescue cats, American shorthairs and very special to me. They think just because I crochet them fish on a string that I put catnip in, that any yarn is fair game. Just this afternoon I found Mikey curled up in the basket I keep finished projects, on top of the cashmere blend shawl I just finished! We have some fun tug-of-wars. Buddy, the dog, just likes to lay at my feet and sleep. She is a black Lab/Rottweiler mix, very mellow and loving. The boys, especially Dennis love her. She would make 20 of him, but he is fearless and will lay beside her and stretch out so she can lick him. I am planning to make a 3 dimensional Christmas tree star topper out of #10 thread for this year. I just have to get in the mood for Christmas projects. Right now I'm crocheting a shawl out of a cotton/milk fiber yarn called Milky Soft by ella rae in the most gorgeous deep blackberry color, yum. It has been very hot here, 95-100 degrees fahrenheit and very dry. I am glad I can stay inside and crochet. Carolyn