Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Introduce Yourself

Hi, everyone, I'm NaniRose from Santa Fe, NM. We're having wonderful rainy weather finally after a long hot dry spell. I have 5 grandchildren and work part-time. My favorite past-time is crocheting and I've mastered afghans pretty much but the one thing I can't seem to get is working in the round and joining at the end of the round. My seams come out crooked and I keep losing stitches as I go. Can't understand why that's happening. For one thing I don't know where I'm supposed to place my first and final stitch on the round. Hope someone can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi everyone
    I am new to this or any forum. I am not very compurter savvy, and find it hard to navigate my way around to find things.
    I am a retired grandmother. Have 2 grown daughter and 3 grandchildren.
    I love to crochet. I have a tote full of hats, mittens and scarves, and have made 4 afghans all since first of year. I am now on afghan #5. All this is for Christmas
    I live in a very small community in Nova Scotia Canada. Glad to be aboard and I am sure I will learn alot fromall of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NaniRose & fundy faye, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to both of you! Glad you joined us! Forgive the delay in welcoming and answering questions - I have been out part of the day today! Enjoy your stay here in the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello NaniRose. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies. I live in dry and hot area and do not have grandkids

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello NaniRose and fundy Faye and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. I'm glad you decided to join us. You will find us not only helpul but friendly as well. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome...are you always putting your join sl st on the top of the first ch 3? (I take it you are working in dc)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anaisa: Yes, I think I'm placing it on first Ch 3 or is it called top of ch 3? Yes, double crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fundy faye View Post
    Hi everyone
    I am new to this or any forum. I am not very compurter savvy, and find it hard to navigate my way around to find things.
    I am a retired grandmother. Have 2 grown daughter and 3 grandchildren.
    I love to crochet. I have a tote full of hats, mittens and scarves, and have made 4 afghans all since first of year. I am now on afghan #5. All this is for Christmas
    I live in a very small community in Nova Scotia Canada. Glad to be aboard and I am sure I will learn alot fromall of you
    Welcoming a fellow Canadian! I lived in N.S. when I was a kid. From your name, I gather you're near the Bay of Fundy?
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif