Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy to travel with

Good morning,

One of the best things that I love about crocheting, is that it is so easy to travel with. There is only several things that you need to take with you. You can crochet nearly anywhere, which is why I think crocheting is so versatile! It is a wonderful hobby to take up!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi

It's true that crochet materials can be taken along wherever you go; I even managed to take it on the plane with me once, while I thought that the needles being all sharp and pointy, the airport staff would not allow me to. I told them I find long hauls awful and that I get all fidgety so if they could let me go through with my needles and yarn, I'd be the most happy girl! So they smiled and let me through...and together with a good book I survived the flight!
    What else do you take on journeys to occupy yourselves?
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    For many years I have carried a small crocheting project with me in my purse (ok, it's really more of a suitcase, but that's another story!). That way, I always have something to do when I find myself waiting unexpectadly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is great to travel with. When we wintered in Florida, I would take crochet along with me to do while my husband drove. Really great. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always loved how versatile crocheting is! When we travel I almost always have my handy bag of needles, yarn, and scissors and spend most of the driving hours crocheting away! It's so relaxing and allows me to relax my mind. That is not easy to do!! I'll be taking a road trip soon, and definitely plan to have some projects on hand to work on to while away the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, I can relate with this! I always lug around me a crochet hook, yarn, and pattern of my favorite beret. I don't know if this applies to most if not all teachers but I always tend to bring TWO bags. LOL. So I always chuck in my "crohcet" project for a "just-in-case-i'm-so-bored-let's-crochet" moment. Which only happens once in a blue moon! Still, its hard to part with it. I hate wasting time so when I get free time, I grab that hook and start crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    I find crocheting on road trips to be the perfect pastime. Naturally, my husband is the driver! On one trip I was able to complete 3 baby blankets over a weekend. They were for a shower gift and doing them in the car made all the driving more bearable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I travel with my husband when he goes out of town selling. I stay in the motel room with my dog and work on my laptop while he goes out and sells. I have a hookup in our vehicle that allows me to keep my laptop plugged in and have tried working during the long trips but I tend to get car sick. Have now switched to crocheting, thanks to this forum. This works as long as I have the project started and am just in the repeat this stitch over and over phase and don't have to do any reading, lol! I envy people who can read on long trips although I must say I am a landscape watcher and love looking at scenery--even if the scenery is nothing but old barns, fields and pastures like we have here in Arkansas.

9. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree! Crocheting is a great hobby which doesn't only eliminate one's boredom while keeping your hands busy. It also allows you to come up with creations that you can use and proudly show off to everyone. I haven't been travelling much lately but the last time I accompanied my son to the doctor, I brought along my latest crochet book to read and to get ideas from. Had he not discouraged me from bringing along my crochet bag, I would have done some stitching too. Next time I'll be trying all your suggestions too

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

I saw a lady the other day who had crocheted travel bags for her groceries. Have you heard of this?

It was a great idea, but I have never seen anything like it before! Cool idea!