Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am A week old to the Site

I am 65 years old and have been crocheting since I was 7 years old. I actually learned how to knit also when I was about 10. I did both for many years, but I have always enjoyed crocheting a lot more than knitting, so, due to my age I quit with the knitting and just do crochet now. The harder the challenge, the better I like it. lol Thanks for being allowed to be with this group. I have no doubt I am going to enjoy it. And again, already, right off the bat, I had a crochet angel help me out on a pattern I was looking for. Thank you so much Barbara G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello JessieDeb24, Welcome to the forum. You sound like me I always choose the more difficult patterns as I too like a challenge keeps the mind working better. I wanted to learn how to knit and I watched you tube videos. I could never get the hang of holding the yarn in my right hand. The videos I watched were all showing the throw method. Since I enjoy crochet more I saw a video on knitting using the continental method where you hold the yarn in your left hand and that works for me. I crochet more than I knit I find crochet works up faster. I just finished a handbag in knitting as I wanted to see if I could do it. It was multiple colored and had stripes and swirl patterns. I am now working on the I cords for the handles. I will post it when I finish blocking it.

Glad to have you join us and I look forward to seeing some of your items.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Please enjoy your time here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JessieDeb24,
    Welcome to the group.