Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: shaded doilies

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like

shaded doilies

Here is a link to a free ebook about shaded doilies also called painted doilies...I know Kat was looking for more info about them...I will also post a link on how to do that.
    Crochet: Painted Doilies | Ebooks free download | Download free ebooks | Free ebooks download | Free ebooks | PDF download
    FairyNatB

2. Likes giftedchild liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Thanks for the post! How neat is that! I love the pattern of colors. I will have to add this to my future of craft to dos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I think this is really beautiful. However, I'm not sure I can create these projects because of my impatience with finishing projects. I also think I need to brush up on my skills first because I'm taking the page's warning to heart: "This book is not recommended for the novice crocheter" Oh well... will just keep this for possible future tasks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of this before, but I am definately going to try it! Thanks for posting this.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are all welcome and I myself have yet to try that technique again, I have tried a few rounds back in the days just to see if if get the effect but I never carried a project to completion using shading/painting.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I have trouble with crochet thread. Don't think I could ever do sewing thread. I'm near sighted and old too, so I have to work with stuff I can see, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti- You do not look old by your picture!

As for the idea of shading/painting, definitely intriguing and something to consider.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Drice!

Well I guess it's all relative. Someone your age would think I was old at 60. Someone older than me would think I was not. I don't really feel that old but I do have trouble seeing some of these "finer" things.