Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Taking my husband yarn shopping!!!

I love taking my husband yarn shopping with me. Yesterday while shopping for two different colors I ran across a third color I have been interested in Cherry Cola, by Red Heart. As I started to walk away he began filling up the basket with the Cherry Cola that I was going to leave since I still had two afghans to finish. He says better get it now, it will be gone when you come back for it....which is true, but I try not to spend to much on yarn at one time.

Actually I think he knows it keep me sane now that I am retired, he doesn't want to take any chances.....LOL. Had I gone alone I wouldn't have gotten it.

So I took him to lunch.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah--i take my boy friend with me when i go shopping for yarn. he prints out the 40% coupons and he gets a ball of yarn and so do i. i get a good stash of yarn when he comes along. lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    I love taking my husband yarn shopping with me. Yesterday while shopping for two different colors I ran across a third color I have been interested in Cherry Cola, by Red Heart. As I started to walk away he began filling up the basket with the Cherry Cola that I was going to leave since I still had two afghans to finish. He says better get it now, it will be gone when you come back for it....which is true, but I try not to spend to much on yarn at one time.

Actually I think he knows it keep me sane now that I am retired, he doesn't want to take any chances.....LOL. Had I gone alone I wouldn't have gotten it.

So I took him to lunch.

Judi G

3. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband is very understanding about yarn shopping too! I usually don't take him with me! He has never complained about how much yarn I buy! I just tell him it's for the business!

Post Thanks / Like
    How funny! It is nice that he cares about what you enjoy doing!

Post Thanks / Like
    At the average cost of $150 per session for a therapist, just think of the money you've saved by crocheting.

I always tell people crocheting is cheap therapy.

Sounds like you picked the right husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he figured it all out for himself.....hah! Funny how much difference it does make though for us. It just mellows us out and keeps us calm. Lol Gives me a lot to think about and do without being all up in the TV all day.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Mixpixlix View Post
    At the average cost of $150 per session for a therapist, just think of the money you've saved by crocheting.

I always tell people crocheting is cheap therapy.

Sounds like you picked the right husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    so true...nice that you took him out for lunch afterwards...winks

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Boy can I relate. This is my husband exactly. He even goes around and gets all the free pattern fliers for me. He's great. He also knows this keeps me sane and doesn't want to take any chances either. LOL

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    how much is to much.....? i never leave the store without spending at least 30 dollars...I love the soft yarns...making hats and scarves for winter...we all know it comes faster than we want it too...

Post Thanks / Like
    How funny, Judi! Your husband is sweet.Mine would do the same for me if we shopped together. When I could afford it, I used to collect Barbie Dolls and he would always tell me to buy one more.

13. Likes Judi Gums liked this post