Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Getting Married

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Married

8 years ago today I was getting ready to board a ship in Fort Lauderdale we were getting married on board on a short cruise to Bahamas it was a most wonderful day everybody was so kind and thoughtful although at one stage we didn't think it was going to happen we were delayed getting on the ship as the manifest showed 350 people boarded the ship on a previous cruise and 700 returned - to me it was quite obvious what had happened and although the names were duplicated they had to go through certain procedures - so we were delayed by nearly 3 hours and then when we went to book on board they had no cabin for us they had a cabin for my son and his girlfriend by this time my nerves were shredded, once on board things calmed down - especially after a few glasses of champagne - it was a glorious time for us and has given us such lovely memories, all the staff on board were amazing and helped to make this such a wonderful occasion I do not know names but to them all we thank you.x

Post Thanks / Like
    What a memory to have and be able to tell your grandchildren about! Evidently everything worked out alright. Thanks for sharing and happy anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your wishes and everything is great after an abusive first marriage thought I would never want a man again but he wouldn't go away he kept chipping and I am so glad he did there is a moral somewhere in there for me I think don't give up on the human race there are good as well as bad, don't know what is going on in my head today not usually this serious as my hubby says I am as mad as a bucket of frogsxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Know exactly what you mean. My first marriage was filled with mental and verbal abuse. When it started to get physical, I left permanently. My 2nd hubby kept chipping away at me also and even tho I had him for a very short time, I would not trade the short not -quite 2 years I had with him for the 20 with my first. He was my other half. Glad that neither one of us gave up on the human race. Hope it's a great anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry that you both had such hardships; How wonderful though that your first marriages did not take away the beauty of the silver lining! Irishjl, thanks you for sharing and I am happy that for those two beautiful years you had a wonderful memory to recal...hugs to you both

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Irishjl sorry didn't reply sooner been laid up with a stomach bug all weekend I think today is the first time that I have felt anywhere near human. I understand exactly what you are saying but I am sorry you only had a short Time with your soulmate but as you say you would rather have had that 2 years than an abusive 20. I was so awful to Tony when I met him I am surprised he stayed I guess some men can see the pain and mistrust in us and can also see the real person inside. I think we have been so lucky and I do count my blessings that I still have him here with me especially after all I put him through. The only good thing that came from my previous marriage are my 2 boys and my grandchildren I suppose -grudgingly - that I have to thank the 'bleep bleep bleep'man for. I wish you all happiness in the world for the future my kitten has just jumped on keyboard thought I had lost everything always something to make us smile:-) sorry if i have rambled.