Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Doris

Post Thanks / Like

Doris

Hi, As a new member, I am excited to learn new crochet tips and to communite with members from all over the world. I am originally from Galveston, Texas where I worked for the University of Texas Medical Branch for 23 years. I now live in North Las Vegas, Nevada where the sun shines almost everyday.
    Last edited by Doris; 11-06-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Doris!

It is nice to have you join the group. I am from Oklahoma. I am sure that you find a lot of useful tips here in the forums! So, how long have you been crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    So nice to hear from someone so soon. I have been crocheting over 15 years but still consider myself a novice. I crochet adult and baby afghans and either give as gifts or sell. I'm so glad to have this opportunity to join this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doris!

Nice to have you. How do you sell your afghans? At craft fairs, etc. or on line?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doris! Glad to have you! I live in Texas, my mother's name is Doris, and I crochet too so we have a lot in common! Like you, I also have crocheted for nearly 25 years (and I'm only 35) and yet consider myself a novice as well. Thank God for the internet, how-to videos, and places like this forum for help!

Post Thanks / Like

afghans for sale

Patti, I sell my afghans to individual people and through them, I get more orders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi drice1976, Thanks for the welcome. What city do you live in? And your mother's name is Doris! I love to crochet, and as fast as I finish one afghan, I start another. I have given some lapghans to a nursing home in Canada, where my husband is from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doris, I live in North East Texas around Longview. Even more ironic? My mother is from Canada (she's French Canadian)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drice1976 View Post
    Doris, I live in North East Texas around Longview. Even more ironic? My mother is from Canada (she's French Canadian)
    I'll say it is ironic. Galveston, where I am from, is not very far from Longview. My husband is Canadian and is from the most beautiful place I have been to, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Back to crochet, I am working on an afghan that is rose, light pink and variegated in between. I think it is looking very pretty with those colors. Are you working on a project now? If so, tell me about it.