Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite colors or brands

What are your favorite colors of yarn to use? What are your favorite brands?

I love to contrast my colors. One time, I was helping my mother with creating a beautiful afghan that was pure white, dark blue as well as a deep purple. The colors were beautiful!

Red heart is the most available yarn here unless we travel about 30 miles away. Some day I would like to try and crochet with some baby yarn. It is always so soft, but I am unsure if it is harder to work with? Not sure.

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like beige, white, cream; neutral colors I find go with everything and thus I use it a lot for doilies especially if it is a gift. Then the person receiving it can put it wherever and it will look good. I use mostly DMC. I have done some baby items using baby grade wool and did not find it too hard to work with. Is there one color that you have used most in your crochet works/projects?
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very much into purple. So most of the yarn that I buy are on those hues. Recently though I've been hooked (no pun intended! hihi!) on Red. That's what I'm using for my current project which is a gift for one of my cousins. I also always have a stock of gray, brown, and black yarns. I also like variegated colored yarns but then again, its challenging to use them coz sometimes I can no longer "see" the pattern coz the colors are too distracting.
    "

Post Thanks / Like
    Purple is my favorite color for just about anything! lol. It really depends on the project though. I have done some beautiful afghans in earth tones or fall colors. Baby colors are always fun to work with too. I don't find any difference working with regular weight yarn compared to baby or sport weight yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here's a picture of a recent yarn purchase that I made at one of our local stores here. I don't know if you have this kind brand. I think its local.

Favorite colors or brandsFavorite colors or brands

The color is supposed to be RED and Purple. I used my cellphone camera here so I apologize.. the color looks a bit off from the actual one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I prefer muted and neutral colors more than anything. It goes with anything so if you're making aghans than you don't have to worry so much about whether or not they match with your furniture or decor. I also like darker colors like maroon, forest green, dark purple, and dark blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like verigated yarns and threads. Sometimes I have the bad habit of using them when I shouldn't, when a solid color would look better. I just can't help myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really into purple right now, any shade. lately, i've been pairing it with hints of green!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the muted tones, jewel tones, I am not big on yellow for some reason, it has to be a certain shade of yellow for me to like it. I seem to go for the darker tones rather then the very light colors, as they look so much like baby colors to me. But it just depends on the projects I am working on also.

I use a lot of Red Heart since that is what I can find near me. Walmart is where I have to shop the most. I love the colors and textures of the Homespun yarns, but they can be a little difficult to work with, so I only use them when I have an open stitched pattern, mostly for scarves.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I love purples but haven't found many projects where I could use a lot of them. I also like earth tones, Christmas colors and rose & mauve colors. I wish I had more time to crochet. lol