Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

My name is Faye and I have a twin sister Kaye. I am 61 and divorced. I love to crochet but in my zeal to crochet baby gifts for an upcoming great grandson and great nephew has caused a flare up of carpal tunnel in the right hand so crocheting is on hold. I live alone in a very rural area of SE Tennessee. I have 2 adult children and 2 granddaughters and 1 great granddaughter and 1 great grandson due in July. I make progects mostly for gifts.

2. Likes cwrw01 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye,

I live between Nashville and Chattanooga. That's quite a family you have. I crochet mostly for charity, both human and canine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye,

You have a nice family. I am 54 and live alone also. I recently started crocheting again after learning a little when I was a child. I can't wait until I can retire so I have time! Nice to meet you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Faye. I am Larisa. I live in Europe and make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. I haven't done a lot of posting and I'm not sure how to do everything but I would be happy to help anyone and get advice from others. I started crocheting at 18 or so. My maternal grandmother could crochet anything just by looking at a piece but I have to have detailed instructions. One of the things I cherish that she made was a cozy for a glass. She drank something all day and didn't want her hand to get wet so she crocheted what we now call a cozy. It is a small simple thing but it speaks volumes to me. She was good with every craft especially sewing, embroidering, and quilting, knitting and crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Spencer, Tennessee about 8 miles from the state park Fall Creek Falls. Love dogs and humans so we should get along great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have friends who live in Spencer, they run a dog boarding/training operation. I live in Manchester.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Faye,

It is nice to meet you! Glad you joined us on site! Hope you hands get better soon! Let us know if you are in need of anything and feel free to join in on the conversations! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye! And welcome! While your hand heals you can chat with us and plan your next project! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to take my little dog to a trainer. She is almost 4 months. She seems to be very determined to do what she wants to do. She is a black chihuahua and I named her Lovie because I am so in love with her.