Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Greetings

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Greetings

Hi all -- My name is Joyce. I'm calling myself Ooh-lalah here because that's my business name and by using it, I'm promoting it.

I love to crochet, talk crochet, dream crochet, think about how I'm going to make something, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

I'm 67 and have been crocheting on and off since I was 11.

I have one daughter and a grand-dauger (not a typo, a chihuahua).

Oh yeah, I live in Hemet, CA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joyce aka ooh-lalah! And welcome! My business is called Abbietta! I make things for children and sell them at Craft Fairs! What is your business? Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you here! So, you can tell us a little more about your business!

Post Thanks / Like

How ooh-lalah got started

My daughter and I were having lunch at Barnes & Noble one day. She was glancing in a magazine and happened upon a picture of a sweater she liked. She suggested that I could make her a sweater like that. Anyway, the idea of making a sweater appealed to me, so I made the sweater, and that went so well that I made more sweaters. Then with some encouragement from my daughter, I opened a shop on etsy, which has the sweater on it (the lacy tube tee). After looking for patterns all over the Internet I designed my own. So my business is all about making and selling sweaters, scarves, slippers, baby things, novelties, etc.
    OohLalahHandmade on Etsy

Now that my camera has a new battery I'll be taking pictures and putting them up real soon.

Thanks for asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Joyce. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ooh-lalah View Post
    My daughter and I were having lunch at Barnes & Noble one day. She was glancing in a magazine and happened upon a picture of a sweater she liked. She suggested that I could make her a sweater like that. Anyway, the idea of making a sweater appealed to me, so I made the sweater, and that went so well that I made more sweaters. Then with some encouragement from my daughter, I opened a shop on etsy, which has the sweater on it (the lacy tube tee). After looking for patterns all over the Internet I designed my own. So my business is all about making and selling sweaters, scarves, slippers, baby things, novelties, etc.
    OohLalahHandmade on Etsy

Now that my camera has a new battery I'll be taking pictures and putting them up real soon.

Thanks for asking.

Good luck on your business! You can add a link to your signature line and when you would like to let others know about items listed in your store, you can post them in the Buy/Sell/Trade category!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce! Your sweaters are beautiful! I make things like dolls, games, and stuffed animals! Maybe someday I can try etsy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Maryjane -- I was glancing at a Crochet World magazine a couple weeks ago and noticed a pattern for a crocheted checkers game. I thought that would be a nice novelty project. I didn't buy the magazine as I have enough on my plate...don't want to get too scattered.

I think making dolls takes a special talent. Being able to crochet in the round around tiny arms...my fingers feel sooo FAT :-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce! What a nice things you make

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce! I learned how to crochet from my greatgrandmother and she crocheted with thread! And that will always be my first love-thread crochet! I think the hardest part of making dolls is getting the facial features right! A lot of times my dolls have no faces! When you are ready, you can get checkerboard patterns online for free!