Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I'm new to the forum......

Hi, I'm Kate, I'm married to my best friend Neil, we have 3 kids Zac 16, Natalia 9 and Isabelle 5.

I've been crocheting for just over 5 years now. My mum tried to teach me when I was younger but I never got the hang of it. When I was pregnant with Isabelle I taught myself with the help of some YouTube videos and never looked back. Since then I've made hats, scarfs, blankets, slippers shrugs for my wedding and 1 baby cardigan. I've mastered the granny square blankets and now I'm trying my 1st chevron blanket.

I'm always looking for things to make but cos I suffer from fibromyalgia I find it hard to concentrate on complicated patterns and sometimes I can't hold my hook for very long.

I feel I'm more than a beginner but I'm not 100% confident to try different patterns. I do want to try and make some clothes and a keepsake toy for each of my girls but I have no idea where to begin!

This is my reason for joining crochet talk today, to get help and advice on projects I want to start from lovely people who know more than I do.

Well that's a bit about me......I thought I would say hello and introduce myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kate,
    Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items. I have my grandson 8,5 months old
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kate

Nice to meet you....I like to crochet amigurumi, that is animals and dolls! That is what you may be looking for as in a keep sake for your children. I often make them for my grandchildren...Right now I am making a doll for my self that also comes with patterns for various clothes, a trunk to keep them in and a pet penguin! At the same time, I just got a book called Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies! I love it ...you can make the complete life cycle of a butterfly! As a former homeschooling mom this totally interests me. I wish I had it while homeschooling.
    I also love nature study and keep a nature journal, so this new book is just so me!!!

Now don't think that I sit home all day and just crochet LOL....I own a dance school. Where the ballet is the basis of the school. But we also teach tap, jazz, acrobatic modern and contemporary...so crochet just gets me away from life it self....

Love to chat more...keep in touch
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kate, my name is Elaine it may say Frances on this site but I like people to use my middle name. I read your question and I use to teach crocheting and Im 63 and Ive been crocheting for about 50 years now. When I taught crocheting at Michael's Arts and Crafts they sold a kit back by there crocheting needles and it is Learn to crochet. It is a kit hanging on the wall. The kit has a book, crochet needles, space marker and a lot of other stuff. I would have my student by that for the class and yarn. They came to three(3) classes. I also had them bring a note book and the first thing I had them put in it was :
    My name; Elaine and
    Phone number; 719-392-1513
    Also I had them write call me anytime you have a problem.
    Plese Kate if you would like to use that information please feel free to do so. This is a beautiful craft and I want it to be past on to our children and their children and many more. If I can help anyone let me know. I have fibromyalgia also plus I had a heart attack and died for 5 minutes three times. Now all I do is lay here in my bed all day long and crochet. I would not know what I would do if I did not crochet.

7. Likes Teri, kl1000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Kate, This is my second reply to you. When I replied before I told you about getting the kit at Michael's. What I did not tell you is to get the Susan Bates kit. The book in there shows you how to make your sitches. Once you know your stitches you can crochet just about any thing. I also have thousands of pattern that I can share with you. I just have to learn how to post pictures on this site first. Please check my other message it will tell you how to contact me. My other message starts out by telling you I would like you to call me Elaine. Please anyone else can contact me too.

9. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you here with us!