Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hello, I am new to the Forums, and In need of Help with a Row, please.

Hello, I'm Bonnie and from Michigan. I've been crocheting off and on for the past 20+ years. All self taught. I'm working on a baby blanket, which is a free pattern I found on the designers blog, and is also listed free on Ravelry. Since it is a free pattern, I guess it is ok to post the information here for it. It is from "The Lavender Chair" and is the "Lot's Of Love" Blanket found at the following link, http://thelavenderchair.com/lots-lov...rochet-pattern

I'm making this for a gift for my granddaughter, expecting a little girl in March. I find myself stuck on a row that I cannot get to work out. The pattern is not clear to me since it does not list all the chain 1's after the double crochet stitches for almost all of the row's. I've managed, (I think) to figure it out so far, but, just cannot get the current row's stitches and chain 1 spaces to come out to what the pattern states I should have at the end of the row. I've posted the row previous to the one I'm stuck on, since it may be helpful to see as well. The ROW I'm stuck on is ROW# 23. I'm not sure where to put the chain 1 spaces to end up with only 37 chain 1 spaces and 87 stitches at the end of the row. I'm coming out with extra chain 1 spaces. Thank you for any help, it is really appreciated. Bonnie

Row 22: Chain 4 (counts as first Dc and chain 1 space). TURN. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 5. *Dc in the next 6 stitches. Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch. Dc in the next 6 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 8* Repeat from * to * a total of 4 times. Dc in the next 6 stitches. Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch. Dc in the next 6 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 5. (Making final Dc in the 3 chain of turning chain.) (107 stitches + 47 chain 1 spaces)

Row 23: Chain 4 (counts as first Dc and chain 1 space). TURN. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. *Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 10* Repeat from * to * a total of 4 times. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. (Making final Dc in the 3 chain of turning chain.) (87 stitches + 37 chain 1 spaces)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums. This is a lovely blanket!

Personally, I am not crocheting at an intermediate level. But, maybe someone will be able to assist. So, please be patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Row 23: Chain 4 (counts as first Dc and chain 1 space). TURN. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. *Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 10* Repeat from * to * a total of 4 times. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. (Making final Dc in the 3 chain of turning chain.) (87 stitches + 37 chain 1 spaces)

Hi Bonnie,
    I came up with 88 dc's and 67 ch 1 spaces. In the middle of row 23 where it says x's 10 after the parenthesis - when you have that repeat from * to * a total of 4 times it comes to 75 dc's and by the end of the row it's 88 dc's.

You have a ch 1 sp at the beginning of the row. If you do a ch 1 sp every time you skip a stitch it comes to 67 ch 1 spaces. 88+67=155

4. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Bonnie