Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Searching for Pymouth Encore discontinued #7128, Autumn

I am 2/3 finished with an afghan and needed at least 2 more skeins of Pymouth Encore #7128 (Autumn) only to find out it has been discontinued. I've called all the yarn stores around and can't find any left over skeins of that yarn. If anyone has a couple skeins of this yarn and willing to sell it to me I would be so appreciative. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this unfinished afghan.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try contacting the yarn company. I have heard of other people having success doing that. Wish you luck!

3. Thanks Lillie Walker thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to call Needles, Hooks and Yarn store - (626) 824-4101 - and ask if she has it. I worked there for a bit and I know she did have a lot of this type of yarn, although I can't say if she specifically has this color. But it could be worth a call - she opens at 10:00 am M-Sat pacific time. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't find the specific yarn, maybe you could pick up one or two of the colors in the same or other yarn and put a large border around the afghan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    You might want to call Needles, Hooks and Yarn store - (626) 824-4101 - and ask if she has it. I worked there for a bit and I know she did have a lot of this type of yarn, although I can't say if she specifically has this color. But it could be worth a call - she opens at 10:00 am M-Sat pacific time. Good luck!
    Thank you, I'll give that a try and hope she has the yarn. If not I'll have to sub it with something else. Not sure what I'll do.

Post Thanks / Like

Needles hooks and yarn store

Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    If you can't find the specific yarn, maybe you could pick up one or two of the colors in the same or other yarn and put a large border around the afghan?
    I tried calling the number, no one answer and the "mail box" is full and cannot accept messages at this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, sorry about that. I know from time to time she's sick and she closes the store, and at the time I worked there she didn't know how to retrieve messages from one of the phones so it was always full. I thought the number I gave you was her cell - she knew how to get messages from that phone. But she's 76 and not in great health, and I know the store was closed for a couple weeks last year. Sorry it didn't work - maybe you could try again in a couple days.

Post Thanks / Like

loveknitting.com appears to have it

Quote Originally Posted by Lillie Walker View Post
    I am 2/3 finished with an afghan and needed at least 2 more skeins of Pymouth Encore #7128 (Autumn) only to find out it has been discontinued. I've called all the yarn stores around and can't find any left over skeins of that yarn. If anyone has a couple skeins of this yarn and willing to sell it to me I would be so appreciative. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this unfinished afghan.
    I'm hoping you got more Plymouth Encore #7128 (Autumn) and have finished your afghan! In case you're still searching for it, I just ran across your message and checked online sources. loveknitting.com claims to have five skeins of it. Good luck!