Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Just joined

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Just joined

Hi Everybody!! Am I there yet? Now I have to work at figuring out everything.. a simple mind shouldn't be allowed out by itself... I may already already be lost..

2. Likes ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Welcome to Crochet Talk. If you have any questions just ask. Someone will probably have an answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you with us! What is your favorite thing to crochet? Or, are you just learning the art of crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I taught myself to crochet when I was 9 years old. So I don't think 54 years would qualify as beginner. I've always crocheted mostly afghans, but I have done sweaters, doilies, hats, vests or whatever hits my fancy. Always on the look out for patterns, stitches or techniques and have even come up with one or two on my own. The last few years, I've tried to teach myself to knit (that's about a 50 year trip) Never can grasp that brass ring with it though. I have found that I can loom knit and I love it. I've done some tunisian and hairpin lace and would love to learn more about them. I've made jewelry, macrame, ceramics, painting & metal work... Always keeping my hands busy..it's either that or go crazy..but that would be a short trip because I'm almost there..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi pattymelt,
    What stitches or techniques or patterns have you come up with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. i crochet filet items and other doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pattymelt2591 View Post
    I taught myself to crochet when I was 9 years old. So I don't think 54 years would qualify as beginner. I've always crocheted mostly afghans, but I have done sweaters, doilies, hats, vests or whatever hits my fancy. Always on the look out for patterns, stitches or techniques and have even come up with one or two on my own. The last few years, I've tried to teach myself to knit (that's about a 50 year trip) Never can grasp that brass ring with it though. I have found that I can loom knit and I love it. I've done some tunisian and hairpin lace and would love to learn more about them. I've made jewelry, macrame, ceramics, painting & metal work... Always keeping my hands busy..it's either that or go crazy..but that would be a short trip because I'm almost there..
    Hi Patty,What did you mean by the brass ring?