Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: scented yarn

Post Thanks / Like

scented yarn

Have any of you used the new scented cotton yarn? I bought some by mistake the other day-I liked the color! I kept sneezing while I was making a dishcloth with it! I looked on the label and found that it was scented! I'm wondering how long the scent lasts? I'm thinking of selling the dishcloth as a small doily to maybe put on a bedside table-it's lavender scent!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think scented items are great, if you do not have any allergies to the product. It is always nice to find something different. Like, I wonder if they have baby yarn which is baby powder scented?

I have not personally used scented yarn - I have yet to find it in our area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb: Baby powder scented baby yarn would be great! I'm wondering how long the scent lasts, after washing and all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...not really sure how long the scent lasts. Have not tried any scented yarn, yet. Where did you get yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually got it at our local Walmart! Ironic considering the discussions we've had on Walmarts lack of yarn!

Post Thanks / Like
    What brand and type of yarn is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    i used it on some of my hats. my wal-mart has it in peaches and cream cotton yarn. i have used the lavender, rose, aloe. i do not know if it washes out when you wash it the first time or not. it kind of makes my eyes red and scratchy . i will not be buying anymore of that yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the same brand I used! I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have problems with it! It's ashame though, it was very soft yarn and worked up very nicely! I don't know if I would buy it again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the cotton ones and they do smell good, but maybe allergies would be a problem???

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the problem with allergies most people have, scented yarn can't be a good idea. The uptick in kids with asthma has been linked to all the perfumed sprays we use to "clearn the air", etc.

The fact that it made you sneeze is a good example of why scented yarn is a bad idea. Hope the effect wore off quickly.