Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

what brands of crochet hooks do you prefer?

just wondering-- what different brand names of crochet hooks do our crochet talk members like to use? and also what do you think about the plastic, bamboo, or metal hooks? i have just recently used the bigger size crochet hooks and they are quit comfortable to work with. your work with the bigger hooks really adds up very fast when crocheting with them. happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have always used metal crochet hooks by Boye. Some day, I will branch out but this is the type that I learned on and I have not ventured out yet to other types of hooks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always used Boye metal hooks, but I decided to try their bamboo hooks and love them!! I immediately order more of them!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I'm curious as to what the difference is between the metal hooks and the bamboo hooks? Why do you like the bamboo hooks so much more now?

Post Thanks / Like
    "Tulip" hooks are the best believe me

Post Thanks / Like
    I had always used the Boye metal hooks for both thread and yarn. When I was at Hobby Lobby one day, I saw a plastic hook from The Crochet Lite. The handles are colored plastic with a rubber, ribbed grip pretty close to the top of the handle. The actual hook is about one and a half inches in length, is clear plastic and has some type of LED light in it. I bought it because I thought it would be good for dark yarns. When I turned the light on, it really irritated my eyes, so I turned it off. I kept using the hook and I am telling you, it is THE MOST COMFORTABLE hook I have ever used. The hook uses some button batteries and are easily replaced if you use them enough for the light to burn out. As I said, I never use the light, so I haven't burned them out, but I have dropped them on my hardwood floors and the batteries have popped out and they're really easy to pop back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy! I am Larisa... What s size of The Crochet Lite hook? It looks perfect! I want one but I need 0.7 mm or 0.75 mm size. Can you help me with advice where to buy this hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Larissa....these hooks I was talking about, The Crochet Lite hooks are for the yarns, not threads. Is that what you were need them for? I got mine at Hobby Lobby. You can get them online at Amazon.com. I also saw links for JoAnn, so they may also have them in their stores. We don't have a JoAnn store around here anywhere. This is the link for the google search I did for the hooks.

Google

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa...I just found this hook. It looks great. I'd love to get one. This is the link:

http://www.fabric.com/knitting-croch...-(0.90mm).aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the link for all the sizes of the Clover hooks.

Search Results