Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

HELP!!!! Need Patons Lace Yarn in Woodrose

I am DEVASTATED, dear fellow crocheters!!! Three weeks ago, I bought the Spring 2012 issue of CROCHET! magazine. On the cover is a beautiful shamrock patterned sweater. The instructions only list one yarn to use and that is Paton's Lace, in the variegated colour: Woodrose. So, I bought the last ball of this colour yarn that Mary Maxim here in Toronto, Ontario Canada had and ordered the other four balls needed. I started this sweater with the ball I had bought and OMG was it ever GORGEOUS!! Two days ago, Mary Maxim called to let me know that they could not fill my order for the remaining balls as Patons had discontinued that particular shade. OMG OMG OMG - It was just on the COVER of this magazine a heartbeat ago - HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME?? Patons - have you no soul or conscience? Does anyone have four balls of this yarn that I could buy from them plus any postage costs? I am new to this site and would be forever grateful!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked this website? They have the yarn you need.
    Shop.PatonsYarns.com : Lace
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    This is amazing to hear of the project being on the cover of a magazine and then the product being discontinued. I would say that the marketing was not looked at from all angles.

We would however like to see your project when it is finished! You have us VERY curious! Let us know if you need any additional leads on the yarn, or anything else!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious as well! I did see the sweater and it does look beautiful! Please post a picture when you are done! And I hope you did find the yarn!