Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Helster: A Newbie to this Board!!

Hi, My name is Helen, you will see my title as Helster, a name my son gave me a few years ago by teasing me and telling everyone to "beware of the Helster".
    I am a self-taught crocheter; only doing simple, beginner or easy items. I have the most trouble sometimes understanding directions for crocheting so I am always checking videos and books. I really love to crochet, it is very relaxing to me. I look forward to finding some great information for me to learn by. Any information you have for me will certainly be most appreciated. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the board! It is nice to meet you "Helster." Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Helster. It s nice to meet you I am Larisa addicted on doilies. I love to make complicated patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Helen! And welcome! What type of things would you like to crochet? Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa,

I have seen your work and it's beautiful. My grandmother loved to crochet intricate doilies and she never used a pattern. She would make one and when it was done, she used a sugar/water mixture, dipped the doily into it and when it started to dry, she would shape the rim of it into ruffles. It would then fit so well under the lamps in our living room. It was always something I remember when thinking of her and her crocheting. She also made lovely afghans for each and every granddaughter and saved them until our bridal shower when she proudly gave them to us. I don't think I will every have her crochet genes, but I do enjoy making "easy" stuff, lol! Hope to see more of your pictures, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane,

Thanks for the welcome. I see you are also from upstate NY. I just love it here.

As for things I like to crochet; as I mentioned, they are easy patterns. I have made hot pads, coasters, bracelets and scrunchies for my granddaughters and I have an afghan I made from a kit I purchased at one of our local stores. I love the variety of yarn that is available and spend a lot time trying to decide which ones to purchase. Hope to find more "easy" patterns on this website. Thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Helster! Where in upstate NY are you? I live in Corinth-between Saratoga amd Lake George! Are we neighbors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane,
    I think you can call us neighbors; I live in Colonie; probably about 40 minutes or so away!

Post Thanks / Like
    hello and welcome I love making blankets and afghans they are so much fun hope you find what you need
    Happy Crocheting