Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Happy Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday

Hi fellow crochet nuts! I'm Denise, living in Austin TX, I'm a taxi driving artist. Last year I came up with the idea of making my Mardi Gras dress out of plastic grocery bags and thought crochet would be the best way to make this work. I bought myself a "how to crochet" book and looked at some youtube tutorials and I made my dress. It came out great and got me hooked on crochet. There are sooo many things I want to make. Currently I'm working on earrings.
    Attached Images Attached Images Happy Saturday-phone-pics-1-441-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Denise! And welcome! That's quite the outfit you made! Good way to get introduced to crocheting! And congrats on teaching your self to crochet! It only gets better from here! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome,

This is really nice - thank you for sharing the picture! It is hard to believe that you made this out of grocery bags.

Hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    hello and welcome do you like making earrings I have been thinking about making some sometime soon.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sarah,
    I'm having a little frustration with the earring making process. They are super cute, fast and a great summer project. Well the first one is fast, even with carefully counting my stitches it's hard to make a perfectly matching pair, but I'm saying that's part of the charm. I also posted about trying to find the best way to stiffen them. I've been experimenting but having trouble with the threads being darkened when I make the earrings stiff enough to hold their shape. I'm determined to make it work though, all my friends who have seen them love them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to look up a way to stiffen them for you. I'm not too sure how long it will take or if I will find one but I'll try my hardest.
    Happy Crocheting