Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Question Introduction

I am Judy. I have been crocheting for a long time and enjoy it most of the time. I still work 40 hours a week so I don't get to spend as much time as I would like crocheting, but I recently joined a group that meets once a week at night and I think I will enjoy being with these ladies and learn a lot about crocheting.

I recently started a baby afghan. I had never used the pattern before and have found it to be very challenging. It is called a mile a minute afghan and it does work up fast, but it is connected as you go not after you have completed all 12 rows.

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever work on a pattern like this one and what their take is on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! I do know there have been members here who have done the mile a minute afghans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judy,
    Welcome. I've never done a mile a minute afghan. I have done a rectangle c2c though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerickson View Post
    I am Judy. I have been crocheting for a long time and enjoy it most of the time. I still work 40 hours a week so I don't get to spend as much time as I would like crocheting, but I recently joined a group that meets once a week at night and I think I will enjoy being with these ladies and learn a lot about crocheting.

I recently started a baby afghan. I had never used the pattern before and have found it to be very challenging. It is called a mile a minute afghan and it does work up fast, but it is connected as you go not after you have completed all 12 rows.

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever work on a pattern like this one and what their take is on it.
    Hello Judy, Welcome to the forum. I have never made a mile a minute blanket. I have seen some really cute baby blankets done this way. If you look at some of the previous post or pictures on this forum there was one posted that was very pretty.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    This afghan is a connect as you go. You connect the strips as you go, so you don't finish the strips after the first one. You don't crochet the last part of the strip you are working on and that is connected the completed strip.
    Last edited by jerickson; 10-09-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Wording may have been confusing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, welcome to the group. I have done several mile- a- minute afghans. I also have done the join as you go type as well. It is similar to the granny square join as you go. What is your question maybe I can help. Do you know the name of the particular pattern? I might be familiar with it.

I am so glad you could join us
    Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Myra. I am at work right now and don't have the pattern here, but I think the name is Mile-a-Minute. It is in an old book I have.

I revised the way I crocheted the ends because I never could figure them out. The way I'm doing it seems to be working out ok.

I went to a class last week and the teacher helped we with connecting strips, but I still don't feel real positive about the pattern. It's probably just me. I have never done one like this before, and I'm not real big on afghans, especially the ones that have a front and back and this one does.
    Last edited by jerickson; 10-18-2017 at 05:32 AM. Reason: added explanation

Post Thanks / Like
    Just let me know. Whenever it is time for you.

Myra