Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite sad with walmart

My Walmart has recently cut down their yarn,crochet, and knitting section to a small isle and they have no wooden hooks. I'm just so happy they still have my yarn. well the yarn i needed has anyone else's Walmart made this terrible change? just wondering thank you for listening - Sarah
    Happy Crocheting

2. Likes greenmeadow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah,

Hello! Our Walmart has cut down on the crafts department considerably. This has been some time ago. I always try to go to Hobby Lobby when I go to Joplin which is about 20ish minutes away from here. They always have so much more there to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    it just made me so sad that they would cut down on something useful and expand the electronics even more. I don't mind some things but the video games are gruesome and bad for children to play. Walmart was the place I got all my yarn for my first blanket so I'm just so bummed. I'm sorry your Walmart had done the same thing. - Sarah
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    good morning sarah1313, my walmart has just made new lay out changes to the craft section by adding new items, but they have not made the yarn wall smaller. we have half a wall of yarn and the other half is with material. the reason my wal-mart's yarn department is huge is because we had a ben franklin's store go out of business. if i want to travel another 25 miles further i have a joanne's, michael's, and hobby lobby too. i willl go once a month for those stores and print off their coupon's which is 40% off of any item and buy some yarn with it. i always drag my boyfriend with me so he can get an extra ball of yarn lol ") . my wal-mart never did carry wooden hooks.QUOTE=sarah1313;13708]My Walmart has recently cut down their yarn,crochet, and knitting section to a small isle and they have no wooden hooks. I'm just so happy they still have my yarn. well the yarn i needed has anyone else's Walmart made this terrible change? just wondering thank you for listening - Sarah [/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1313 View Post
    My Walmart has recently cut down their yarn,crochet, and knitting section to a small isle and they have no wooden hooks. I'm just so happy they still have my yarn. well the yarn i needed has anyone else's Walmart made this terrible change? just wondering thank you for listening - Sarah
    I have noticed this too. I am truly not happy about this. It's also started at Zellers. Not sure if some of the Zellers stores which will be taken over by Target will carry yarn. I know some Zellers stores are having a big sale to get rid of all of their inventory. will have to stock up just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have two Walmarts within 25 minutes of each other! One has a great craft section and the other doesn't! I like to buy yarn at Walmart because it is always so much cheaper than in Joanns or AC Moore! I have been finding some nice yarns at dollar stores! They don't all have yarn all the time-you have to keep looking! And I've heard people find yarn at Salvation Army stores and Goodwill stores! Again you have to keep looking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here in PA. Has been like that for awhile now. The only place to get fabric is Joanns

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i love the prices I sometimes find yarn @ goodwill
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also noticed that our Walmart here is changing. They've expanded the electronics and food sections and decreased crafts sections. My yarn was in an isle instead of the wall. And not as much selection. I do have a question where are hobby lobbies?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Walmart which is about 15 min away changed everything several yrs ago. They have 1 aisle on 1 side of yarn. ano selection at all. And it never changes. same colors all the time. No material anymore.What made it so bad we had a Hobby Lobby & when they announced they were leaving , Walmart announced the changes in its store. You would think they would have kept the yrn & material. Stupid people.Not I have to wait for my daughter to take me to Chanpaign,Il, which is at least 40 minutes away. I can't dreive in that town. Too much traffic.So I have to wait till she has time. I do pick up some ar yard sales & Goodwill just opened 15 min away & they had lots on opening day. Got a lot but its all gone since.I also got some at the Habitat for Humanity store.Course if you need a certain color & amt, your out of luck at these stores.