Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just want to say, Hello

Hi, I'm Laura Lee from Missouri. I have learned to crochet from my mother, years ago. I'm the kind that procrasinates and never get the project done. I have a bit of trouble with corpal tunnel, but if I do a little at a time, I have wonderful results. With friends that would push or encourage me, it would be fun to converse with others to see what their doing too. I'm willing to give this a try. We'll see. Let's get busy. hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    LauraLee,

Hello and welcome to the group! We have members who check in pretty often and like to talk crochet as well as share what they have been doing. Glad you are here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Laura Lee. It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I live in Europe and make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi LauraLee! And welcome! What type of things do you like to crochet? Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you Maryjane, I have been playing with potpads. I would like to get involved in an afghan for the living room to make for my daughter and her family. Possibly have it done before Christmas. (smiles) I thought if starting now would be plenty of time. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you Larisa. Doilies are so beautiful. My mother use to make them from yarn and try to teach me. But moms gone now, and crocheting is what I enjoyed to do with her alot. She had made me an afghan of granny spuares with many colors. I'll treasure that forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    LauraLee! You are completely right! We treasure what we got from our relatives who is gone.... They touched by their hand. I still cry when I see old things from my grandmother

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello LauraLee welcome to crochet talk hope you have a wonderful experiences here I have so far. I also have carpal tunnel I had the surgery almost a year ago and I crochet much longer. A wrist brace helped me before I had the surgery so you might want to try one they work wonders I used mine when I was sleeping.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1313 View Post
    Hello LauraLee welcome to crochet talk hope you have a wonderful experiences here I have so far. I also have carpal tunnel I had the surgery almost a year ago and I crochet much longer. A wrist brace helped me before I had the surgery so you might want to try one they work wonders I used mine when I was sleeping.
    Thank you Sarah for the suggestion. Its been over 6 years since I had my surgery, but I guess its the scar tissue thats still making it tuff for me. I use my hands ALOT! Before my surgery I, too, was sleeping with braces on both hands, I felt like a robot going to bed. hahaha I did see a difference for awhile. But gradually again, I was dropping things, and the doctor said it was time for surgery. Surgery was kool, I was awake and talked to the doctor while he was working. He gave me headphones to listen to my favorite singer, and his too. I can't remember who I liked back then. I forgot. hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    lol wow when they did mine they put me under anesthesia my doc recommended vitamins for me to help with my wrist. so crocheting is a little harder now but you still can do it
    Happy Crocheting