Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, my name is Vi-I live in central Texas

I'm a 77 year old widow who likes to crochet. My mother started me out when I was about 6 years. She didn't read instructions-from a picture she counted stitches and got it done. When my sister (15 years older than me) discovered I wanted to learn to crochet, taught me to read instructions. Lately, I've taught her some new crochet stitches-isn't that something???

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vi! Welcome to the group. My, you started out with crochet at a very young age! It must be something which really interested you from then on. Your mother was very smart to have taught you something from merely counting stitches. Nevertheless, it was really how crafts were passed on during those times. What's funny is how your older sister was the one who taught you how to read instructions, and now, it's you who's teaching her new crochet stitches I'm happy that you're still enjoying the craft and that you still continue to practice it. Hope you learn more from this forum, and hope we can also learn from what you have to share Again, welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Vi,

Welcome to the group! My mother taught me to do crochet on my first project without a pattern. She basically told me what to do. I have recently learned how to read a pattern!