Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can't remember

Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember

I have been working on an afghan for quite awhile now - almost done with it and had to put it away for awhile and now I am back to it and I can't remember how many to chain at the end of my row - it is a triple stitch all the way and then chain either 2 or 3 and then turn -
    Please help.......
    Thanks
    Nancy♥

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

This will probably depend on your pattern. You can try it with 2 stitches and compare this end with the last and see if it looks comparable.

Does anyone else have a suggestion? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    You should triple stitch in the last stitch, turn and then do your ch3 or ch2. If you are continuing with triple stitch I would ch 3. I have often wondered- does it make a difference if you do the chain st before or after you turn? Some patterns tell you which way to do it! Maybe somebody will know the answer!

Post Thanks / Like
    can you count the end stiches on the rows above the row you are on?
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 06-06-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Maryjane, my Grandmother taught us that we should turn first and then chain...the reason? There are two ways to turn your work...towards you....and away from you. As long as you always turn it the SAME way it doesn't matter....if you chain and turn it forward the first row, and then chain and turn it backwards the second time the chain on your end stitches will look different! One chain will look twisted.(Not believing her I tried it both ways and it was twisted just like she said...always listen to Gram). Now 44 years later I chain first and always turn backwards, so as long as you watch the direction you turn at the end of the row I haven't found it to matter.Hope this helps,AuntyD

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks AuntyD! I always do the chain first and then turn the work towards me! Guess I never thought of turning it the other way! I just was curious if it actually made a difference!

Post Thanks / Like
    AuntiD you are the best! Thanks for the lesson!