Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: First post here

Post Thanks / Like

First post here

Hey everyone,
    I'd like to say that even though this is my first post here, I visit the site quite often. I love reading the other posts, and have benefited greatly from them. This is a wonderful, wonderful site! I didn't post this in the Introduction area because I have been a member for some time, just shy I guess....lol I do want to say thank you to all the members here, you are all so helpful and kind. It feels like a real neighborhood, like when I was growing up, only instead of walking to visit, we do it here. Please don't ever stop!

2. Likes Barbara G., billiebob, ruidosogal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! It s nice to meet you. I make only thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome. I make baby blankets. I too love this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the post - it makes me feel good as well as other that you feel like you are with family! Ahh! Thank you!

6. Likes Lili liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sandy: What is your specialty?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandy! And welcome! I feel we are a family here! My definition of family is somebody that is there for you no matter what happens! I hope you will join in on the discussions,post pictures, etc now that you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    My specialty,,,,hmmm, well, it depends on my mood, I guess I make more baby blankets than anything else, but I love making it all. I do doilies, clothes, afghans, a little of it all. I also do other crafts, but crochet is my first love. I started when I was five years old, so I've been at it for 47 years now, not the same project though, lol. Lately I haven't been able to get motivated to do any of it, maybe that's why I decided to post when I did. But reading the posts here helps. I do hope to post some pics of things I have done, and join in more. It is one big family here, and that's GREAT!

10. Likes Barbara G., Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandy! Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds. - Larisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, I did have a kitten, but I recently moved and didn't have enough money for the pet deposit, so I had to give her up. It broke my heart, she was a part of me, but, she has a good home and I believe she is happy, which she deserves. If I can ever save up the amount I am considering another one, but Mandolin can't be replaced, we'll see. I'll bet your cat loves your birds...lol No, I'm sure they get along fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandy -- I'm a newbie here. I enjoy taking breaks from my crocheting to read posts, and share thoughts, ideas, dreams, frustrations, happy surprises, questions, and to learn (attempting to learn foundation row -- I love it because of the benefits but am having trouble mastering it).

Wow, girlie -- you've been crocheting since age 5! I learned at age 11. Bless my Aunt Anne's heart, for I don't think she realized at the time, the legacy she gave me.

Happy to meet you here at CrochetTalk...what a fantastic place.
    Joyce 9aka ooh-lalah)

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post