Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Question Intro & Looking for Pattern

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Jaymie. I love crafts of all kinds, sewing, origami, knitting, crochet, weaving, making dream catchers....name it and I have probably done it (or at least attempted). I crochet with both thread and yarn, making anything from doilies & ornaments, to afghans, dolls and sweaters. I learned to crochet with my grandmother when I was a child & I have always felt like it was a gift she passed on to me.

I have a friend that would like me to make this purse for her, but I can not find a pattern & I don't know what type of purse to call it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images Intro & Looking for Pattern-100_1152-jpg Intro & Looking for Pattern-100_1153-jpg 
    Last edited by JaymieMGerlach; 06-05-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Fixed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! Glad you decided to join us!

In looking at the purse, isn't this considered a hobo purse. And it appears to have a fan stitch to it. I have looked for a pattern match for this but have not found one, yet.

3. Likes JaymieMGerlach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Barb. I realized after i posted here that I was in the introduction post & I tried to delete this thread & place it where it should go but I couldn't figure out how to delete it.

I will start looking under hobo purses, there are no tags or anything to go by. I thought it was fan stitching, and I know how to do that, but I do not know count wise how to begin such a pattern. I know how to do fan stitches, but without a pattern I am not sure on how to start or end such a project. The handles have wooden rings that are crocheted around (I think it's single crochet stitches).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I did find an image which was really close, but then the site was not good when I clicked on the link provided in bing. I will do some more searching...

6. Likes JaymieMGerlach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way - :0) I edited the title of this post to be your intro thread! Just wanted to let you know!

8. Likes JaymieMGerlach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jamie! Welcome here .. Unfortunately I make only thread doilies