Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile crochet christmas tree skirt for 2012

i worked on this from time to time using "red heart super saver yarn" and the varigated yarn is "i love this yarn" from hobby lobby!
    Attached Images Attached Images crochet christmas tree skirt for 2012-dscn0305-jpg 

2. Likes Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's really nice! I haven't even thought ahead to this year's Christmas! Are you always this organized?

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you mary jane. i do not know if i call it "organized" lol, but i like to crochet different creations so i do not get bored!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    That's really nice! I haven't even thought ahead to this year's Christmas! Are you always this organized?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to make a variety of things myself! When you specialize in making things for children, there are so many things that you can make! And I haven't even stared making clothing for kids! I don't want the hastle of different sales tax rates!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi maryjane, i get alot of my ideas off of you tube. they have a huge variety of children's projects to crochet. my problem is juggling a full time job and doing my crochet orders too. have a great day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I like to make a variety of things myself! When you specialize in making things for children, there are so many things that you can make! And I haven't even stared making clothing for kids! I don't want the hastle of different sales tax rates!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this tree skirt and this is exactly what I had in mind to make myself, can you share the pattern?

Celia

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you celiejordan! i got the idea off of the you tube site and the teacher is mickysmail on "how to crochet a christmas tree skirt." i watched his video and sort of free styled my own pattern. i chained 10 and joined to make a circle, i used a k hook and i doubled crochet the whole thing . i put 25 double crochet in the ring and joined with a slip stitch and then did my increases as i did the rows. my skirt was 20 rows , but my tree is not that big. i took his idea of how to increase the skirt and went on from that. i made mine with alot of ruffles and i did so by doing more increases. i love that the fact that the yarn stores in my area carry christmas colors all year long. also he has a star blanket on one of his videos and that would make a great tree skirt. hope this helps and happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like

Tree skirt

Thanks so much for your directions, I will give it a try.

CeliaJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    thank you celiejordan! i got the idea off of the you tube site and the teacher is mickysmail on "how to crochet a christmas tree skirt." i watched his video and sort of free styled my own pattern. i chained 10 and joined to make a circle, i used a k hook and i doubled crochet the whole thing . i put 25 double crochet in the ring and joined with a slip stitch and then did my increases as i did the rows. my skirt was 20 rows , but my tree is not that big. i took his idea of how to increase the skirt and went on from that. i made mine with alot of ruffles and i did so by doing more increases. i love that the fact that the yarn stores in my area carry christmas colors all year long. also he has a star blanket on one of his videos and that would make a great tree skirt. hope this helps and happy crocheting!
    I haven't even thought ahead to this year's Christmas! Are you always this organized?

Post Thanks / Like
    i try to be, but it is hard with working a full time job. i wish i was retired!! i do my crochet orders first then do any new projects that interest me. i get really busy in the winter time with all of my hat orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanebe View Post
    I haven't even thought ahead to this year's Christmas! Are you always this organized?