Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all fellow crocheters!!

I am new to the group but have been crocheting for many years now. A few months ago I started an baby afghan that is a circle and I had trouble going from row to row to make it into that circle... it did not look right to me..... so I put it down until I could get some feedback.... Has anyone else done one of these afghans/blankets that could help me? Thanks.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Golden yellow rose,
    Do you have a pattern? If you can share or type some of the first rows we can see what you are doing and may be able to help.
    Spoula

3. Likes MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here as a member!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi golden yellow rose,
    Welcome. Use a clip; something so you know when you're at the end of the round and are starting the next round.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golden yellow rose View Post
    I am new to the group but have been crocheting for many years now. A few months ago I started an baby afghan that is a circle and I had trouble going from row to row to make it into that circle... it did not look right to me..... so I put it down until I could get some feedback.... Has anyone else done one of these afghans/blankets that could help me? Thanks.....
    Hello Golden Yellow rose.
    Below is a link to an eBook that you can download and it has several round afghan patterns (all free)with instructions on how to crochet in the round. Maybe there are some explanation that will help you with your round project.

When crocheting in the round it is easy to miss the last row stitch. When you chain up for the next row that difference in heights will let you know that the chain up will be where you join your round to start the next row. You can also put in a paper clip or safety pin on you chain up to keep track of you rows.

http://dl.allfreecrochetafghanpatter...oad.php?id=901

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like

Smile blocking

Hi, Everyone, I haven't posted for a WHILE, but I'm back and have a question:

I've just finished an afghan with cotton yarn. I've never blocked one before. Is it possible to wash it on the gentle cycle and block it or would I have to soak it in the bathtub so it's really wet for it to work? Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Golden Yellow Rose, hi!!
    I agree with Jean Marie. I've started using clips or you can use a scrap of yarn to hold your place at the beginning of each row. That's the only way I can keep track of things in the round, especially if you're not supposed to join the rows. I've had a few odd-looking pieces before I made myself do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrochetSuzieQ View Post
    Hi, Everyone, I haven't posted for a WHILE, but I'm back and have a question:

I've just finished an afghan with cotton yarn. I've never blocked one before. Is it possible to wash it on the gentle cycle and block it or would I have to soak it in the bathtub so it's really wet for it to work? Thanks for your help!
    Hi Sue,
    When I block, I just spray with water and pin it and let dry.

11. Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

afghan blocking

Thanks so much, Jean Marie! You saved me from a job I would've put off for a while!