Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ElaineVM

Post Thanks / Like

ElaineVM

I am new here and a member of a group in our church called SIS, short for Sisters in a Stitch. We have a lot of fun and do a lot of crocheting and craft ideas. This group began as a team to make prayer shawls for those in need and then began to include lap robes for the men. My brother was a recipient of one of those lap robes and when I saw how meaningful it was to him I decided I should join in the fun. Hope I will get new ideas and skills from this community of crocheters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to hear about your group and what you do! You are welcome to share with us how other members can get a group started, if you desire!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ElaineVM. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Elaine! And welcome! Your group sounds like a lot of fun! Far too often we forget that men need things like lap robes too! Thanks for the gentle reminder! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been crocheting prayer shawls for about 4-5 years now. When my husband and I returned to our home church in southeast Alabama I discovered this group had been formed. It originated when one church member had cancer and others wanted to do something for her. They decided to crochet a prayer shawl and each member prayed over the shawl before giving it to her. Some members have been crocheting for many years, some could only do a little, and others wanted to learn. This group of ladies have done a fabulous job of sharing their craft and prayers with those who may be going through a rough spot in life. They even began having a craft fair in the fall and use the money from that to purchase the yarn for the many projects they give away. It may sound depressing when I talk about all the need, but trust me!!! These ladies have more fun than anyone I have seen in years. We laugh at situations, at ourselves and many crazy incidents we have experienced.

Post Thanks / Like
    That lap robe was cherished by my brother. I lost him on May 19, but not before we had a chance to share a lot of love and memories together. He said that lap robe saved him from the air conditioner! He kept his wry sense of humor right up to the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the loss of your brother! But you will always have those happy memories of him! And you will always have your crocheting!