Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Happy Hooker

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Happy Hooker

Hi everyone, Now that I have your attention, my name is Inga. I have been crocheting for about 25 years, and about 9 years ago, a co worker showed me how to read and understand the crochet lingo and I have been crocheting "hooking" my fingers off. I would love to learn new patterns for children's clothing, nothing to fancy. Fun and useful and something that a boy or girl would not look at and say...that's nice...but I would not be caught dead in that.
    I have also just recently, been sinking my needles into knitting! I am brand new at this and would love an easy design for toddlers and young children slippers.
    Inga

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! Here is a list of slipper patterns which may be helpful for you:

Crochet Pattern Central - Free Slipper Crochet Pattern Link Directory

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Inga. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    hello inga! and welcome to the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Inga,you have the crochet energy that's for sure. It took me years to be able to read a pattern and I still have trouble with some...Good luck on your knitting...Willie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My Inga,you have the crochet energy that's for sure. It took me years to be able to read a pattern and I still have trouble with some...Good luck on your knitting...Willie
    Its funny because my husband looks at the patterns and it makes no sense to him, and when I look at his programming code, I feel the same way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Inga! And welcome! Glad you decided to join us! Crocheting for younger children is fun! But once they get a little older it's harder to find things they would wear,like you said! I have a 4 year old granddaughter that really like when Grandma makes something for her! I have 5 grandchildren in all! Slippers are a good idea though!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

That is a great suggestion! I think I have a few patterns for mary janes too.
    Inga