Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello from Texas

Hi, I am a 68-year old retired lady from Texas who stays home most of the time now and enjoys crocheting and being on the computer. I am a native Texan and I have siblings living near me which is nice. I am married to Kenneth, (we will celebrate our 36th anniversary in April), have no children, but lots of cats and dogs and nieces and nephews. I like to crochet things for my family for Christmas and this year I am doing some nice crochet boxes which I will fill with miscellaneous things for each member of my family. I make lots of hats and scarves, shawls, afghans, and sometimes toys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Aunt Sally!

Welcome! I'm Patti from Arkansas--right next door. I'm making hats this year for Christmas as I've talked about all over this forum, lol!

Would be interested in see a picture of your crochet box--is that a crochet covered box or a box made of crochet?

Also, since you are such an experienced crocheter you might be able to identify the mystery stitch in the link posted on Poppy 's introduction link asking for help identifying the pattern for an afghan she is trying to knit.

She has the yarn but not the pattern and the baby is due in February!
    Last edited by Patti Hale; 11-05-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi Patti:

Hi and thanks for the note. I made lots of hats last year for Christmas. Hats and scarves. I am making a few hats for a friend this year as she wants to give them as gifts I think. The boxes I am making are actually all crochet. They are open, square, and the top edge folds down a couple of rows. If I can get a picture taken (my digital camera is on the blink) I will post it. I will be putting things in them as gifts- spices, drink mixes, stuff like that (gifts in a jar kind of things). I will look at the other post you asked about to see if I know what she is asking. Nice to hear from you. I get myself so stretched out on this darn computer that I don't check this site every day. I am into too many other things on here - I do surveys, write and read lots of email and play some relaxing games, pay bills etc. But I will try to stay up with this site. Good luck with your hats.

Gloria Roach

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Aunt Sally,

It is nice to have you join the group! Crocheting gift boxes is a wonderful idea! When you can share your pictures, that would be awesome! I look forward to hearing more about you!

5. Likes yarnmama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I'm also from Texas! Glad to have you on board and I look forward to learning a lot from an experienced crocheter like yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti! Welcome to this group which is getting bigger and bigger everyday. I'm really interested in your crocheted boxes. I hope you can post pictures of your creations and your pattern/s here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gifted child ;-)

It's Aunt Sally that crochets boxes--not me, hee hee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops! I was mistaken there Welcome auntsally!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Barb, drice and gifted child.

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words. I may not see or reply right away because I get too spread out on the computer and am into too many things at the same time. (One of my big faults) But I will get to it, don't worry. I still haven't been able to take pictures of my boxes yet, but will hopefully within the week so I can put one on here. I think they turned out great and will make good gift boxes in the style of a gift basket. Will see. I have about 20-25 hats to make before the holidays also so I will be pretty busy. It's something I enjoy doing and makes watching tv (my husband is a movie watcher and doesn't like to watch alone!) easier because I don't like to just sit- I have to be doing something.

Bye for now,
    Gloria