Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointed!

I just found out that my granddaughter will be going to a Magnet school in the Fall! And they wear uniforms! Boohoo! I had a pattern all picked out for a dress for her first day of school!! Now I don't know what I can make to make that first day special!! Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Does your daughter like purses? If she does, then make her a really cool looking purse. Can the girls wear decorative scarfs around the necks?

Post Thanks / Like
    how about a hat to go with the scarf. or crochet some book markers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two grandchildren who attend public schools with dress codes but not uniforms. I am truly grateful as it teaches them there is a proper way to dress in public. How about a special backpack or headband with a flower to match her uniform colors. A backpack to carry papers and books in could really be quilted or crocheted in colors to match her school colors. I have seen some patterns on the internet but can't tell you where to look

Post Thanks / Like
    When my dad was posted to Montreal, I discovered that I had to wear a school uniform for the first time in my life at the age of 16! My first thought was "gross!". But, it made life a lot easier because everybody wore the same uniform and there wasn't that competition to have the coolest clothes. Would she like this backpack? I am making this one for my 4 year old granddaughter.
    Lady Bug Backpack Crochet Pattern | Red Heart
    Very disappointed!
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

6. Likes Amy Lazarus, sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane,
    That would be hard not to be able to make her any new clothes for her first day , I love all the other members suggestions & have also thought maybe you could make her other things as well like a bracelet or necklace or hair bows or maybe you could crochet an edging on her socks? Another idea is maybe make her a book cover or zipper pulls that she could wear on a sweater or coat or to go along with the backpack ideas or if they are allowed maybe make some shoe laces? I love the book mark ideas too maybe you could make some in filet crochet with her name on it. Another idea might be that you could crochet an apple or a name doily that she could put on her desk. The last idea I have too is maybe make a banner (crocheted of course) that spells out Birthdays of the month that the teacher might be willing to put up in her classroom for decorations & can put the childs name under during their birthday months so she will be able to see it used all year long. I hope some of these ideas help you to to make her first day special & you keep us updated on what you decide to make & how her first day goes, Have a great weekend. Your Crochet Friend, Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    How about crochet earrings? if they have to wear a school ID, (my kids did years ago) you could try fashioning a lanyard to match the color of the uniform,to keep it on. If you live where it's cold, you could crochet some mitts or fingerless gloves.

Nancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you for the really great suggestions! I've gotten over the initial disappointment, and now I can precede with little things she will like! I knew I could count on all of you for suggestions! Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe some of those crocheted necklaces we talked about in another thread or even a coordinated set of bookmarks - one for each class?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news!! I have found the perfect pattern to make for my granddaughter! It's on the Caron yarn site-Pee-wee coat! She should be able to wear it to school until it gets really cold and then again in the Spring! It has a hood but I probably will make a matching hat! Now I just have to find the time to make it! I have a queen size ripple afghan to make before Oct 5 as well! Thank you again for all the fabulous ideas! I will probably use most of them eventually!