Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Knitting and Financing: Where’s The Disparity?

Ever since I was a child, it has always bothered me why certain disparities between men and women exist when it has long ago been established by the Almighty that every human being has been created equal.

More often than not, men were the most privileged. They were allowed to go to school and take up courses, which included engineering, education, architecture, and the likes. Women, on the other hand, were made to stay at home where they could learn all the chores; and if they had already bore offspring, they had to learn the craft of rearing up a child. Thus, when women had started to excel in a particular field that dominated men, she had already become a threat to them. Nevertheless, there are still those who choose to follow the path that has been paved for them.

Albeit a lot of women have already been chosen as CEOs of a particular company, there are still those who have chosen to give up their career and take care of their children – if there are any – and simply serve their relatives at home. That is why it is no longer surprising if their hobbies include knitting, sewing, or cross-stitching. I even know a few who excel in these crafts. Theyknow every pattern and needle there is. They have already memorized by heart the knitting patterns for babies and adults and the crochet terms used. In fact, when I ask themabout something that involves knitting, they could answer me without having to recall every detail about it. It was as though they have already memorized and recorded those details in their heads.

So much for the disparity, right?Yet when we really come to think of it, most women were really created for these things. It appears that they were shaped to remember the knitting needle sizes and knitting needle conversion charts than analyze financial statements which most men do. Possibly most of you would argue that who they are has something to do with how they were brought up. That could also be true, but their inclination really relies on arts and the likes. Numbers are not their thing. They leave it to men although the feminist would not allow such to happen – women empowerment as they would put it.

I rest my case now. I do not support whatever inequality has been dominating the world. Yet I do believe that it still depends on them – may it be men or women – to earn the respect and dignity they deserve.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you were going to talk about the cost of Yarn!! I think an awful lot of how we respond to anything is how we were brought up and how open we are to new things. I know men who are very accomplished knitters. But 99.9% are women. I frequently have the opportunity to knit or crochet while I am doing one of my volunteer jobs and it always attracts attention - but primarily from women. How many women have woodworking shops? We can all be taught a lot of things if we are exposed to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a great disparity between men and women in many areas. I believe that changes when we raise our kids to be open-minded. My daughter' father has wood shop and has taught her how to make some wonderful things. She has also learned to crochet from me as well as how to cook and raise children. What she chooses to do is up to her.