Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

European Crochet Styles

Good morning all,

Has anyone crocheted European style? I did not realize that their were different styles, as such. I was looking at a site online:

Free Crochet Stitch Videos and Instruction - Basic Crochet Stitches

They even offer a crochet along club. They have very beautiful pictures of doilies! Truly elegant!

I have never heard of crochet classes. They are fairly inexpensive and would be a great idea for those who have time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh doilies, I have never been patient in making doilies. I think coz the hook and the thread used is smaller and I get too impatient coz it takes quite a while before its shape takes place. But thanks for the link, will check it out soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made doilies and snowflake ornaments which are smaller versions of doilies.

I did not realize there were different styles out there either. Thanks for sharing the link. I will definitely check this out.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, will check the link out...hmm, interesting that there are different styles!
    Doilies are my favourite items! I make them for my sister, my mum, as gifts for my friends and for myself. Snowflakes! they make me think of Christmas (and pudding!) I am always after something sweet...I definitely have a whole set of sweet teeth!
    While I am writing, I checked the gallery on that site you recommended Barbi, and I absolutely like those coasters...they are so easy to realize and take no time!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ladies,

I have never crocheted doilies. I guess they have always been intimidating to me. I have done blankets and afghans, though. I guess that I will have to put doilies on my list of to dos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, they had some beautiful things! I've never heard it called a European style before, but I definately would like to learn more!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have trouble crocheting with the small threads and hooks,too, Karen. I wish I didn't because there are many things I would really like to make out of the thread. I guess I just need the "give" that yarn gives me in order to do any good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to have several books years ago that used the symbols rather then written patterns. They killed my eyes as they were so small and I had trouble seeing them. I didn't realize it was a different type of crochet though. I should have enlarged them I guess.

I have done some doilies in the past, but I found I wasn't using them very much. I think they are beautiful though, and some are nice when framed as artwork.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    With the right matting behind the doily, you can use them to mount the older tintype photographs. They make a lovely display when you have several arranged on a wall.

10. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that would be nice.
    Judi G