Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

HI from New England

I'm a young teenager who crochets and knits. I also make jewelry with beads, like earrings and bracelets. I love being outdoors, especially when my cockatiel, Elvis, is outside with me. I have a garden, with over 20 tulips in it, there are also day lilies, cone flowers, roses, and something else I don't know the name of, and a cherry plum tree. I use to have cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, lettuce, and peppers in my vegetable garden, but I didn't weed that garden last year, therefor I didn't plant anything in the veggie garden. I love to take photos or nature, especially butterflies and birds. I'm looking to be a vet someday, but I have to get through the rest of high school, and collage before vet school.

I have a YouTube that's dedicated to crochet things. I've had it up for a year, and I do lots of crochet projects on it. My first one was a humming bird. My channel is called Cockatiel Crochet, I have 26 subscribers currently.

I crochet things for my whole family during the holidays, I start making them on November 1st and always get everything done by December 15th, with 10 days to spare. I'm not that great at knitting, in fact I forgot how to knit for a while. I only ever knitted one thing, and that was a scarf for my mother. It took me 3 years to finish that scarf, I finished it back in 2015. It wasn't even a quarter of the way done November 28th 2015, but I got it done by December 15th that same year. Went through 2 balls of yarn, and 3 years of work, but I did it. No one believed I could get it done by Christmas, but I did.

I prefer crocheting over knitting, although I've been crocheting longer, so that would explain it. When I forgot how to knit, I somehow remember how to purl, but it took me around a year to remember that purl was basically the opposite of knit, and I learned how to knit again.

Crocheting is something I've been great at for a long time, I can do single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, triple crochet, ect. I can crochet circles, granny squares, something that doesn't have a word to describe it, dozens of animals, and basically anything. I will never crochet a sweater, scarf, handbag, too big of projects for me.

Sorry thing is so long, I like to be thorough.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cockatiel,
    Welcome to Crochet Talk. I would think it would be hard to crochet a humming bird. You said 'something that doesn't have a word to describe it' By saying that do you mean free-form crochet? I'm guessing you haven't crocheted a afghan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you and I love your inspiration in life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן