Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello!

Hello, from Lawrenceburg TN. My daughter and I love to crochet. She and I spend a lot of time sitting together, talking, and crocheting away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I am addicted on doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is always nice to hear of moms and daughters who spend time together! Glad you are here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anitalyn ..welcome to the forum! I taught my daughter to crochet..so forth she has made a baby blanket..that was about 10 yrs ago.. her first love is reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for all the welcomes. My daughter, April, is 18. I taught her the basics of crocheting last summer. In December she was determined to really get started. Her specialty has become prayer shawls and baby blankets. I love to make character beanies, baby blankets, and I am now working on a bedspread and sham set. Our goal is to participate in the big craft show here in Lawrenceburg, "Christmas In the Country". My grandmother, my dad's mom, taught me the basics when I was really small. My grandfather passed away when my dad was 1 year old and my grandmother used her crocheting skills to help supplement their income. She raised her 4 sons with her crocheting and other jobs. They are 4 of the finest men you could ever meet. Crocheting is a heritage my daughter and I plan to continue and pass on.

6. Likes Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anitalyn! And welcome! Sound like you were born into a crafty family! It's nice to see that your daughter is continueing the tradition! I crochet things for children, toys, dolls and games and sell at Craft Fairs! But I could never support my family on what I make! I have 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Maryjane. Crochet isn't the only craft we do, but it is the one we favor and do the most. Last night my son, who lives in GA, sent me a pic of a 4'x4' dining table he made and just finished last night for his fiance and himself. It is absolutely beautiful. It made me proud to see that the craft gene went to him as well.

9. Likes Val liked this post