Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Sudoku Afghan pattern

I am wishing to find this pattern. Not able to acquire it.. book not available..

Sudoku Afghan by Rosa Huffman. item was published as a kit in Herrschners 2014 Award Winning Crochet Afghans book.
    Ravelry: Sudoku Afghan pattern by Rosanna Huffman

I would love to try to do the different stitches/blocks this afghan is made of..

if you can help me find this pattern, plmk..

tks..
    sheilah

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I do not make afghans
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheilah.. I found the booklet you want on Hershner's website. Here's the link: https://www.herrschners.com/product/...om=Search&cx=0

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to acquire this kit and now i am not able to figure out how to make it correctly.. I've tried 5 times and it does not look good.. it appears to be simple but l must be doing something wrong.. . if you made it and know its secret, plmk.. tks..

Quote Originally Posted by sheilah View Post
    I am wishing to find this pattern. Not able to acquire it.. book not available..

Sudoku Afghan by Rosa Huffman. item was published as a kit in Herrschners 2014 Award Winning Crochet Afghans book.
    Ravelry: Sudoku Afghan pattern by Rosanna Huffman

I would love to try to do the different stitches/blocks this afghan is made of..

if you can help me find this pattern, plmk..

tks..
    sheilah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilah View Post
    I was able to acquire this kit and now i am not able to figure out how to make it correctly.. I've tried 5 times and it does not look good.. it appears to be simple but l must be doing something wrong.. . if you made it and know its secret, plmk.. tks..
    Hi Sheilah,
    What are you having problems with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Sheilah,
    What are you having problems with?
    the pattern say to do a sc in the back loop .. ok.. row 1 is 3 sc 2 ch x 4 (like starting a granny square). row 2 is do 5 sc.. so i do 3 sc in next 3 stitches, and then i find the last 2 stitch for each side are done in the ch sp.. is that correct?? row 3 is 3 sc, 1dc, 3 sc.. ok.. so when you start row 4, you are doing sc in back loop of the first 3 stitches.. then you do 1 dc.. the pattern say to do this in the free loop of the sc of previous row.. but not able to figure that out.. would doing dc in front loop of prev. row be the same??? i follwed the patter for each row and i understand what to do but it does not look right.. i tried up to row 9 doing as the pattern say but it does not look correct.. and i get the get the feeling its either the last 2 sc that are being done in ch space or the dc.. i am changing the color as suggested.. and at the end of the row, the slip st is being done in 1st sc.. and that is in the back loop per the pattern direction.. and that is now the 1st sc of the next row... so i just get the feeling i am doing something wrong .. i will try again tomorrow and post a pic of what i have..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheilah,
    For row 2 it might be a misprint. Maybe it's supposed to be 4 instead of 5 sc's - 1 sc in the middle dc of the set of 3 dc's. I just did a ch 4 and sl stitched into the 1st ch and did 4 sets of 3 dc's, chained 1 and did a sc into the middle dc on each set of 3 dc's and it curls up so you could have it as a puppet for your finger. So I took that out up to where I did a sl st to join after the 4 sets of 3 dc's. How many stitches are you supposed to have at the end of row 2? It might be 5 sc's in ea st and in ea sp. or better yet it might be to crochet in the st and in the sp that's between the sts on the set of 3 dc's. thus making 5 sc's before your ch 2 sp. but then you have the ch 2 sp and I don't know what you do in the sp maybe you're supposed to ch 2 and go to the next set of 3 dc's. I don't know.

how I got 5 sc's before the ch 2 sp
    example: row 2: sc in 1st dc of the set of 3 dc, sc in sp between the 1st and 2nd dc on the set of 3 dc's, sc in dc st, sc in sp between the 2nd and 3rd dc on the set of 3 dc's and sc in the 3rd dc in the set of 3 dc's but I would chain 1 at the beginning of the row but then if you do that then I don't know what you do in the spaces. I don't see where she/he has 5 sc's on row 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it say anything at the beginning of the pattern to give you a clue on what to do on row 2? Looking at what it says on row 4, maybe you're supposed to just sc 4 instead of 5 on row 3 w/ a sc in ea st and 1 sc in sp.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok.. after reading this umteen times.. I notice it is say for round 2, join in the 2nd chain of corner and that counts as 1st sc.. (the direc change for this part.. one say join in 1st sc and that is 1 sc and now it say join in ch and that is 1 sc.. so now I see where it shifts.. so then the dc is going to go into free loop of sc (#2) in row before.. gonna try again and see if that is what need to be done.. row 3 and 4 are about the same , they end different being there is more stitch to use up.. will be back tomorrow with an update!!