Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Understanding a stitch

I have a great pattern for a crocheted chemo cap with a Scarf tie that I am would like to make for my freinds' daughter who was recently diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer and thought she would enjoy something other then a plain crocheted cap.
    The instructions are fairly clear as far as the Ch2, and HDC , but where I am having a problem is on Row 16, where it is written as followsI believe this is where a large slit is made to draw the scarf through) Ch5, dtr around. I have never seen a dtr stitch so I am at a loss.
    Any help you can give wou ld be greatly appreciated as I would love to have this finished within the next 2 days so I can mail it with a few others already completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi...this is how a dtr is done

1.Yarn over hook three times, then insert hook into next stitch.
    2.Yarn over hook and draw yarn through stitch (there are five loops on the hook).
    3.Loop yarn over hook and draw through two loops (there are now four loops remaining on the hook).
    4.Yarn over hook and draw through two loops (there are now three loops remaining on the hook).
    5.Yarn over hook and draw through two loops (there are now two loops remaining on the hook).
    6.Again, loop yarn over hook and draw through the last two loops on the hook (there is now one loop remaining.)
    7.This completes one double treble crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Thanks Val for giving us info on DTR, or double treble crochet. In the US, this is also known as the double triple crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you go on Youtube you can find videos on all the different stitches. Always easier to see how to work them to me.
    I really haven't used that stitch very much because of the large gaps it leaves, and I tent to go for warmth, but it does make up pretty.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Val is right on how to do the stitch! I've used that stitch on flowers! Hope your hat turned out well and you were able to finish it on time!