Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

hairpin lace tunic help

I have started a project and need to know if anyone can help with this section of the instructions-I haven't started any joining yet but this section isn't clear to me-does anyone know what it means to "sk 2 lps" means - I understand the skip 2 loops but where???? Beginning of the join on the long strip bottom? Has anyone done a hairpin lace project?

"Maintain alternating colors and join in the same manner as the side strips. To beg the center section, join one short strip, sk 2 lps on the long strip, join a 2nd short strip. Join the rem short strips to each other to complete the center section of the tunic."

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked up hairpin lace yesterday. I have not done it for years. Look for "you tube" videos and they will probably help you.
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several strips made already and have not joined them here's the link and I wanted any tips anyone could provide from my 1st post. Thanks😀 http://www.crochet-world.com/patterns/pdfs/HLTunic.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharon,
    Yes, I've done the hairpin lace but it's just the basic hairpin lace. Do you have a pattern? What are you making? I used yarn for the hairpin lace.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.crochet-world.com/patterns/pdfs/HLTunic.pdf

I just don't get the sk 2 lps in the area where you start joining the center and I have read the instructions over many times so I don't get lost while doing it ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you started joining the strips? Sometimes it will make sense as you go along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Sharon