Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: woman's dress

Post Thanks / Like

woman's dress

Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has undertaken making a woman's dress? I understand the complexity between one pattern and another can be vast just wondering how ardurous it could be. Thank you and perhaps you can pont me in the direction of some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have not personally made a dress. If you are in need of patterns, I can post some resources...curious to hear from the other members!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never made a woman's dress- just dresses for dolls amd my young granddaughters! I'm interested in seeing if other members have made dresses too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheelagh, I have made dresses for my grand kids, but for myself because it is so heavy I have not made a dress for myself it would have to be made out of thread because I live in California at anything else would be really hot here. What I like and find very useful are cardigans that I can wear several ways with many outfits. Here are some patterns that are sort of dress like that you could wear over a skirt a dress or a pair of pants;Ravelry: Barcello Jacket pattern by Doris Chan http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss_...ns-at-the-back. I put a dress pattern in there too. How long you have been crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    How long have you been crocheting and have you made dresses from fabric before so you understand how they go together. If you have it's not real hard to take a doily pattern and fashion it into a dress or a skirt and blouse. I look through all my patterns and come up with combinations that work and use them as a basis for my dresses. A round doily can be made into a dress with a round neck, a geometric design can be made into a square or keyhole neckline. Pineapples are fun because they can be strung together and made into beautiful dresses with princess seams. The biggest thing to remember is to get enough thread to start. It took about 2500 to 4000 yards for each of these outfits. I put photos of dresses I made on my Gramma Liza name tag

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee you girls are good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't make a dress persay but I made a 'shirt' that is almost as long as long as a short dress....almost like a beach cover up. It wasn't as difficult as one thinks... It just took more thought to shape the neck line....make sure you get the right amount of thread and a good pattern (I kinda followed one and added my own stitch pattern.)