Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

Hello to all!

My name is William. I just started crocheting a few months ago as an adult. My mother taught all of us kids how to when we were young but I didn't do much with it. I don't think I had the hand dexterity to really enjoy it. Now though I'm having lots of fun and find it to be really relaxing. So far I have completed a few projects, several hats and a scarf. I'm also working on a granny square blanket. 80 of 140 square done! Woot.

Thus far I have done all my projects off of YouTube and now I'm trying my hard at following written instructions. Which is why I'm joining this community. I'm hoping to pick a few brains for their vast experience. 😉

Thanks for having me and Happy Crochet!

2. Likes lasvegasann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi William,
    Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello William! Here's an idea-make 4-5 wide scarves. Any stitch,any colors. Then join them together. Instant afghan! Hope you are joining those squares together as you go along or you will have a big job at the end. Welcome! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hello William! Here's an idea-make 4-5 wide scarves. Any stitch,any colors. Then join them together. Instant afghan! Hope you are joining those squares together as you go along or you will have a big job at the end. Welcome! imalefty
    Thanks for the advice imalefty. The patter that I made up is a rotating patter of 14 unique squares. Every other square is a solid color vs a two tone color so I started with all the solids first. I really debated on a simpler pattern for the very reason mentioned but in the end I stuck with my original idea. If anything, I'll be a double crochet stitch master by the of this project.

Oh! And the idea about stitching scarves together is brilliant. I think I'll try that for my next blanket.