Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HI!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face HI!

Hi Everyone! My name is Ellen and I have just joined today. My username is Bigseastar as the name Ellen was already taken. LOL I look forward to the discussions, questions, and sharing from everyone. I am a recent (19 months ago) grandmother to twin girls, and currently awaiting the birth of my third grandchild in June. The parents want to be surprised, so it's making it difficult to pre-buy or make anything for the new baby. I made duplicate baby afghans for the twins, at they love them to this day! I want a new pattern to make for the new baby and consider myself to be an "average" crocheter. I would love to learn more stitches, how to make clothes, hats, etc. but get confused with the process and wind up ripping everything out when I don't like what I see. So,,, that being said, HELP THIS NEWBIE become a better and more confident person in the world of Crochet.

I am currently looking for "easy" patterns/stitches for the next baby blanket, any and all suggestions, and patterns will be gladly accepted and cherished.

Thanks everyone, Ellen

Post Thanks / Like
    OOPS, I forgot,,, my email address is: elhei60@gmail.com
    Thanks, again, Ellen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums!

I will add some ideas for baby blankets in the Links & Resources here shortly for you to look at:

https://crochettalk.com/links-and-resources/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ellen,
    Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    HI, I have clicked on the link you provided and it brings me to a maps and directions download. I don't want this download, I want the patterns. Any suggestions? Anyone? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ellen. It is nice to meet you! I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ellen,
    I clicked on the links and resources link that Barbara posted and typed in baby blankets in the search bar and came up with this. Maybe you'll find something here.
    https://crochettalk.com/search.php?searchid=819276

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ellen!

If you haven't checked already, there are some very spectacular tutorials on YouTube. I recommend this one:

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=ZttQqi8TXlo

She has some really nice stuff on her channel if you're looking to pick up a few new techniques and she's really easy to understand.

Good luck.
    Last edited by wjewell_iii; 02-10-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! My first go-to for patterns is allfreecrochet.com Sorry,don't know how to post links. The site has many patterns to choose from. Congrats on the grandchildren!